This site authorises you to view, download and interact with the materials, services and forums on this website. Unless otherwise specified, the services and downloads provided by this site are for your personal use only, provided you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials.
Unless otherwise stated, all material (including but not limited to documents, HTML, databases, text, logos and images) on this web site is © Red Snapper Media Ltd. All rights reserved. You may not use any material from this site without written permission - any unauthorised use of these materials may violate copyrights and/or trademarks.
- This site is not responsible for any views, opinions or statements expressed on the forum, as the poster of the particular comments assumes full responsibility. No responsibility is taken or should be assumed for any such views, opinions or statements by this site.
- This site disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Downloads' area. Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.
- Therefore any and all information you receive through the forum or via private messages, email etc. is always given on the condition that you 'use it at your own risk'. The host and agents of the forum will not be held responsible for any consequences of the use of such advice. This site disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information on this site.
- All materials, information, products and services included on this site are provided "as is", with no warranties whatsoever. This site expressly disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law all express, implied, and statutory warranties. This site disclaims any warranties for services or goods received through or advertised on this site.
- There are links to external websites on this site. These links are provided purely as a convenience to site visitors and are not endorsements of any products, services or information contained on such sites, and unless stated otherwise, no information in any such site has been endorsed or is approved by this site. These other sites may contain opinions or viewpoints of third parties which do not necessarily reflect our opinions or viewpoints.
- This website has no official connection with any of the UK's police forces or associated special constabularies. Unless otherwise stated, the information, products or services on this website are not official and are not endorsed in any way by any of the UK's police forces or associated special constabularies.
- Your privacy is very important to us, and we understand that it is important to you. Consequently we would like to let you know how information we collect about you is used, if we collect it through this website.
- The only information we will collect is that which you supply when you register. As a minimum that's your email address and your chosen username. You may optionally provide us with other information including your date of birth, your location and other details.
- We will only ever use any of the information you supply to service your account (specifically, to provide you with the website and forum services), and to answer questions you may ask us. We won't share your information with advertisers, merchants or other third parties.
- Notwithstanding the above, if this site receives a legitimate request from a police force or other such authority to disclose information about a particular user in order to facilitate an investigation into disciplinary or criminal matters, then this site will fully co-operate with such a request and release the requested information.
- Any additional information you choose to publish about yourself by posting it on this forum is considered to be in the public domain and is therefore beyond the scope of this policy.
- If you think that any information we hold about you is incorrect, please get in touch as soon as possible so we can make relevant amendments.
- The information you provide to this site is stored in a password protected database on a webserver which is connected to the internet. The webserver is the computer which holds the website and forum.
- Log Files We keep log files of the way visitors use the site which allows us to view and analyze trends, track user movements, and gather data for demographic locations. This is entirely anonymous and not attached in any way to visitors' personal identification.
- PayPal We use PayPal to manage payments for products ordered online from this website. PayPal is an entirely separate website and this site does not receive any of the information you provide them, including credit card details, addresses and so on. PayPal has their own data protection policy which you should refer to for further information.
- Links External sites linked to from this site do not fall under the terms of this privacy statement. We are not responsible for privacy policies of other websites linked to this site. Please read the privacy statement of each such website for information and data use for visitor's personal identification.
- Contests From time to time, this site may conduct contests for our visitors. Participation in these contests is voluntary. Contest winners may be asked to provide further personal information such as name, e-mail and postal address which may be stored on the website. This information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes.
- Tell a Friend When a visitor chooses to use this sites 'tell a friend' service to notify another person about this site, the names and e-mail addresses given are not logged. This site will send the friend a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit our site. This site will never send another e-mail to the visitor or friend for any purpose.
Serving officers are reminded that the forum is public, open to overseas officers and members of the general public. It should not be treated as a secure medium and it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that nothing is said or inferred on the forum that may interfere with current operations or bring your force into disrepute, and that you do not release any information whatsoever that is not already in the public domain. "In the public domain" means the information has already been widely circulated on TV and/or radio, in the mainstream press, or on public access internet news sites. Note that on occasion, information which has previously been published in the mainstream may for legal reasons be subject to reporting restrictions at a later time; such information must not be reproduced here on the forum.
Any breaches of the above policy may result in disciplinary action and / or legal proceedings being taken by your force against you.
Conditions of Use
2. Our Service
Our web site and services provided to you on and through our web site on an AS IS basis. You agree that the owners of this web site exclusively reserve the right and may, at any time and without notice and any liability to you, modify or discontinue this web site and its services or delete the data you provide, whether temporarily or permanently. We shall have no responsibility or liability for the timeliness, deletion, failure to store, inaccuracy, or improper delivery of any data or information.
3. Forum Purpose
The Discussion Forum on this website is intended primarily for topics relating to UK crime and policing, including the Special Constabulary, and for the discussion of items of professional interest.
4. Your Responsibilities and Registration Obligations
The forum is intended for persons aged 16 years or older. Persons younger than this are welcome to register and participate but must abide by extra conditions. Detail on request.
5. Registration and Password
You agree to take full responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and shall be responsible for all uses via your registration and/or login, whether or not authorised by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use or your registration, user account or password. You may not have more than one user account. Duplicate accounts are likely be removed or blocked without notice.
6. Conduct on the Forum
You explicitly agree, in using this web site or any service provided:
- That all information or data of any kind, whether text, software, code, music or sound, photographs or graphics, video or other materials (Content), publicly or privately provided, shall be the sole responsibility of the person providing the Content or the person whose user account is used. You agree that our web site may expose you to Content that may be objectionable or offensive. We shall not be responsible to you in any way for the Content that appears on this web site nor for any error or omission.
- Not to provide any Content or perform any conduct that is, or could reasonably be interpreted as: malicious, offensive, abusive, harassing, stalking, tortious, vulgar, defamatory, hateful, seditious, blasphemous, sexually-oriented, obscene, objectionable, or pornographic, or which is designed to or does interfere or interrupt this web site or any service provided, which is infected with a virus or other destructive or deleterious programming routine, or which may give rise to civil or criminal liability, or which may violate an applicable local, national or international law;
- Not to provide any Content or perform any conduct that, if it were posted, would: contravene any law of the United Kingdom, or expose the Host or the website to liability, be it civil or criminal or both; or which may constitute or be considered a violation of any local, national or international law, including but not limited to laws relating to copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secrets;
- Not to collect or harvest any data about other users;
- Not to provide or use this web site and any Content or service in any commercial manner or in any manner that would involve junk mail, spam (including unsolicited personal messages), chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorized advertising without our prior written consent;
- Not to impersonate or misrepresent your association with any person or entity, or forge or otherwise seek to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any Content provided by you;
- Not to make reference to the personality of another person, or attack another person's character; unless the person in question has already brought his or her personality into the issue under discussion;
- Not to engage in one-to-one arguments, disagreements or disputes of a personal nature;
- Not to use swear words or any undue profanity.
By providing any Content to our web site:
- you agree to grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and licence (including any moral rights or other necessary rights) to use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, perform, promote, archive, translate, and to create derivative works and compilations, in whole or in part. Such licence will apply with respect to any form, media, technology known or later developed;
- you warrant and represent that you have all legal, moral, and other rights that may be necessary to grant us with the licence set forth in this Section;
- When copying material from another website, please be sure to post the original URL (web address) and source. This is because we don't own the copyright on copied material and must acknowledge the source - and therefore the copyright owner - in this way.
- you acknowledge and agree that we shall have the right (but not obligation), in our sole discretion, to refuse to publish or to remove or block access to any Content you provide at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
Members should keep to topic. If a Member makes a contribution to the Forum that is inappropriate to the subject under discussion then the Member may be directed by the site owner, Administrators or Moderators not to raise the matter further, or to raise the matter within a separate discussion group.
The website owner, its Administrators or Moderators retain the absolute right to edit, amend, modify, relocate, remove or otherwise change any message posted on the Forum for any reason. The foregoing also applies to information stored in a member's profile.
The website owner, its Administrators or Moderators retain the absolute right to ban any Member from the forum, or to restrict their usage of the website or forum, either on a temporary or permanent basis, should he consider it necessary.
The website owner, its Administrators or Moderators need not supply a member with a reason as to why they have exercised their powers under this section, and their decision is final.
No commercial advertising of products or services, or any other thing is permitted. The website owner may permit such advertising to appear at their sole discretion, but such permission should be obtained in writing before posting commercial advertising material.
Non-commercial, personal adverts of individual items for sale are permitted in the appropriate forum area.
The website owner's decision on what does and does not constitute commercial advertising is final.
10. Third Party Services
Goods and services of third parties may be advertised and/or made available on or through this web site. Representations made regarding products and services provided by third parties are governed by the policies and representations made by these third parties. We shall not be liable for or responsible in any manner for any of your dealings or interaction with third parties.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT PROVIDED (THE SERVICE) IS MADE AVAILABLE AND PROVIDED TO YOU AT YOUR OWN RISK. IT IS PROVIDED TO YOU AS IS AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, THAT ANY PART OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE, TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OF ANY QUALITY, NOR THAT ANY CONTENT IS SAFE IN ANY MANNER FOR DOWNLOAD. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NEITHER US NOR ANY PARTICIPANT IN THE SERVICE PROVIDES PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND AND THAT USE OF SUCH ADVICE OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WITHOUT OUR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND.
Some jurisdictions may not allow disclaimers of implied warranties and the above disclaimer may not apply to you only as it relates to implied warranties.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF (I) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, (II) THE COST TO OBTAIN SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND/OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY TRANSACTION ENTERED INTO ON THROUGH THE SERVICE, (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR DATA TRANSMISSIONS, (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE, OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
In some jurisdictions, it is not permitted to limit liability and therefore such limitations may not apply to you.
14. Reservation of Rights
We reserve all of our rights, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and any other proprietary right that we may have in our web site, its content, and the goods and services that may be provided. The use of our rights and property requires our prior written consent. We are not providing you with any implied or express licenses or rights by making services available to you and you will have no rights to make any commercial uses of our web site or service without our prior written consent.
15. Applicable Law
16. Miscellaneous Information
- The rules, disclaimer and conditions in this post apply whether you have paid to use the web site and services ("power user" subscriptions) or not. Subscription fees are non-refundable.
- You agree that without regard to any statue or contrary law that any claim or cause arising out of this web site or its services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause arose or the claim shall be forever barred;
In addition to the above, we have published a set of clear policies about use of the forum - you are encouraged to take a few minutes to browse these before using the forum. You can view all of these policies by clicking here.
Use of the forum
These forums, although Police related, are not restricted to Police Officers and/or other Police employees. Anyone is more than welcome to read, post and debate with our members. You will find that the vast majority of our members are either serving or retired Police officers (including Special Constables) or members of Police staff, but don't let that put you off. Sometimes a point of view from outside of 'the job' gives a perspective that hasn't been taken into account previously.
Whatever your background, all we ask of you is that you act responsibly when you post. You may not agree with the point of view of a previous poster and if that is the case, feel free to put your point across, but do so by attacking the argument, rather than the person.
If you are looking for particular information, please use the search option before posting a new thread, as it is likely that someone would have asked the same question previously. If you cannot find what you are looking for via the search option, then start a new thread in the most appropriate forum section. Don't worry if you start it in the wrong place until you get used to how the forum works as that can be corrected by the Moderators.
There are several Moderators, who look after the day to day running of the site and they are identified by the 'Staff' banner and 'Moderators' group heading under their Avatar. If you have an issue with someone else's post or comment, then there is no need to personally notify a Moderator. All you need to do is click on the 'Report' link, which you will find along the bottom of the person's post, just left of the 'Quote' button. The report function notifies all Moderators that you have an issue and they will discuss the matter before taking any action. You may well receive a Private Message with an explanation of what action has been taken, or why no action has been taken, as the case may be.
In some threads you may see moderation notices. These are comments, usually in bold and in colour, where a moderator has reacted to behaviour that does not fit in with the rules and perhaps given an instruction with regard to that behaviour. If you do not agree with what a moderator has posted, DO NOT post your challenge in open forum as it will be removed and other sanctions may result. Simply use the 'report' function previously mentioned and it will be looked at by the moderating team. The moderators have to have some form of authority, to be able to keep the forum ticking over as a good place to be for the majority of our membership.
You will notice alongside each post, that there is a 'Like' button, which if you use social media sites, you will be familiar with. Rather than having lots of people posting in agreement of a point of view and cluttering up the threads, we would ask that you simply 'Like' a post. If people 'Like' your posts, it will say so in the thread and a number will appear within your profile and on the membership list. On your profile, this starts with a '0' with the word Neutral alongside. This wording will change as your 'Like' rating improves.
We do not give advice on individual and/or ongoing cases. If you are looking for general information, you can get this from the "Ask The Police" websites using the following links for ENGLAND & WALES or for SCOTLAND. For more specific advice, contact your local Police force.
This policy was last updated on 14th November 2014.
- Retread, Drekcrell, frvanessao and 146 others like this