UKPoliceOnline

The Police Recruitment Application Form

60 posts in this topic

Thank you! Currently at Uni and gonna do some volunteering before considering a professional career in the Service! Do you think my participation in police forums and preparing for the role since forever will qualify as a good answer for Q9? :happysick:

Hi all,

Not sure where to write this on the forums as I'm still pretty new to this. Submitted my application about 5 weeks ago & have just found out it was rejected. Absolutely gutted!

I gave recruitment a call for some feedback & was told my application was great BUT because I typed "&" and not "and" throughout my application, this is the reason it was rejected.

Has this happened to anyone else? It seems so petty but I guess it does need to be 100%. Already counting down the days to reapply in 6 months haha

Thanks all

I know some forces can be very picky about application forms. Northants only allowed 3 different English mistakes as well as expecting full English. It sucks that they rejected it but you know what to do next time. At least it wasn't for any scenarios you have like my one was initially.

Hi, is anyone currently onto the competency based questions on the application stage? Im new here and just looking for some advice on what they would be looking for and also what people think of this years questions?

Thanks.

The application form varies from force to force so the questions are not the same. The questions themselves donnt really matter as long as you can evidence the competencies.

As far as competencies go, research them on the police force's website and tailor your answer to it. Make sure it fully delivers on that competency and see if you can squeeze in hitting another competency.

You've literally got to make yourself sound like the best person ever to walk the planet. So don't be afraid of building yourself up, you've got to have a slight arrogance about making yourself look good.

Remember to make the answer all about what YOU did. The assessor doesn't give a toss what John from the office did, he wants to know what you did, how you did it, why you did it and in some cases would you do it again and/or what would you do differently.

Don't put "I helped clean up with a broom because my boss told me to." Expand your answers, word them cleverly, you can turn almost any situation into a golden answer.

I failed at the application stage 3 times, and AC twice before I finally managed to land the job. So don't be afraid of rejection, it's part and parcel of the learning process, take the feedback and go again.

Hi, I have filled in a online form for a Specials Police with Leicestershire Police.....I have been shortlisted and have been offered a Telephone Interview (last about 30mins).

But I have no idea on what will be asked in the interview. As in the form I filled in didn't include any competency based questions.

It was just a general personal information and criminal history.

So I'm a little confused on what to prepare for the interview.....has anyone else had a Telephone Interview?!

Hi, guys! I was looking at the application form and of course, as nothing should go smoothly, I realised that my passport is out of date. As an EU citizen, I travel with a national ID (which we use as a passport substitute), but also have a passport. It will take ages to get the new one and I was wondering if you know whether this will be an issue or can I wait for it while applying at the Met? The thing is that the national ID contains the same information, ID number, address, etc and I thought that if the Border Agency are happy with it, maybe the Met will be too? Has anyone had a similar issue?

On 6/11/2017 at 21:27, YS123 said:

Hi, guys! I was looking at the application form and of course, as nothing should go smoothly, I realised that my passport is out of date. As an EU citizen, I travel with a national ID (which we use as a passport substitute), but also have a passport. It will take ages to get the new one and I was wondering if you know whether this will be an issue or can I wait for it while applying at the Met? The thing is that the national ID contains the same information, ID number, address, etc and I thought that if the Border Agency are happy with it, maybe the Met will be too? Has anyone had a similar issue?

If it asks for passport details, then that is what it wants. Not ID card details.