•  

Photo

DR10 Conviction

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Black Rabbit

The Black Rabbit

UKPOLICEONLINE Full Member

• Resident Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hi all,

I was wondering,

if someone has received a DR10 conviction (Drink Driving :angry: ) this being the one and only DR10, and occurred 10 years ago, is this conviction covered by the 'Rehabilitation od Offenders Act 1974' inasmuch as it is 'spent' after 5 years, assuming that there have been no further convictions?

Also, although it remains on thr driving license for 11 years, do you have to declare it in order to obtain motor insurance if the conviction is more than 5 years old if not asked to do so?. We are usually asked about claims and convictions etc within the last five years.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
The Black Rabbit

#2 Rexer

Rexer

• Resident Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

Hi all,

I was wondering,

if someone has received a DR10 conviction (Drink Driving :angry: ) this being the one and only DR10, and occurred 10 years ago, is this conviction covered by the 'Rehabilitation od Offenders Act 1974' inasmuch as it is 'spent' after 5 years, assuming that there have been no further convictions?

Also, although it remains on thr driving license for 11 years, do you have to declare it in order to obtain motor insurance if the conviction is more than 5 years old if not asked to do so?. We are usually asked about claims and convictions etc within the last five years.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
The Black Rabbit

Im not a copper but i would have thought the fact that it stays on your licence for 10 years that you would have to declare it for the same amount of time if not longer.

Are you thinking of applying to the police ?

#3 saltysplash

saltysplash

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Senior Resident Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:24 AM

Declare it.....regardless of your driver record you will have a CRO PNC record for ever.

An Before anyone comes on here and says shame on you for wanting to be old bill and having a drink drive conviction........there are plenty of serving officers with DD convictions.

There but for the grace of god etc

#4 The Black Rabbit

The Black Rabbit

• Resident Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:19 AM

An Before anyone comes on here and says shame on you for wanting to be old bill and having a drink drive conviction........there are plenty of serving officers with DD convictions.

Let me clear up a couple of points:

1, I am not intending to become a Police officer. :nono:

2, I do not have, or have ever had a Drink Drive conviction. :innocent:

I am led to believe that the conviction stays on your license for 11 years for Court purposes, so that if you recieve a subsequent DR10 within that period, it will become apparent to the court that this is not your first Drink Drive conviction, and as such it may be dealt with more harshly.

However, the question remains, is a DR10 covered by 'The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974' and therefore no need to declare it after 5 years in order to obtain motor insurance unless specifically asked to do so?

Regards,
The Black Rabbbit

#5 sykes

sykes

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• Police Service (Officer)
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

On most insurance proposals they usually ask for previour convictions accidenrts during last 5 years or any pending court action.

Based on that and my undersdtanding of rehabilitation act then i would say unless specifically requested there is no requirement to mention a DR10 that occured 10 years ago.

Not a deifinative answer a know but as with all insurance companies seem to have differing criteria

you will find on this forum no end of replies answers for questions you never asked, i have now concluded from your two posts you wish to become a high court judge , see its all about making questions fit your answers in this case DR10 is a requirement to become a judge and must be declared

#6 Donatello

Donatello

UKPOLICEONLINE Veteran

• Senior Resident Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

Unless you served a prison sentence not longer than 2.5 years, were given probationary licence terms or worked ith the probation service for monitoring of a tag etc for the offence the ROA DOES NOT APPLY.

Edited by GeordieFemale, 19 March 2009 - 08:22 PM.

#7 The Black Rabbit

The Black Rabbit

• Resident Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:52 AM

Unless you served a prison sentence not longer than 2.5 years, were given probationary licence terms or worked ith the probation service for monitoring of a tag etc for the offence the ROA DOES NOT APPLY.

Thanks for your reply but I'm having a 'senior' moment. Do I take it that if a conviction does not fall into the criteria stated above, it is not 'Spent' after five years with no further convictions? :unsure:

Also, can I enquire after your source of reference?

Regards
The Black Rabbit

#8 Sub-seven

Sub-seven

UKPOLICEONLINE Icon

• Suspended Pending Review
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

However, the question remains, is a DR10 covered by 'The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974' and therefore no need to declare it after 5 years in order to obtain motor insurance unless specifically asked to do so?

That is a question for your insurance company, not us.

#9 The Black Rabbit

The Black Rabbit

• Resident Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

That is a question for your insurance company, not us.

Call me cynical, but I can just imagine the response from an Insurance Company, after all, they're in the business to make money and will jump at any reason to charge a customer more.

Anyway, I wonder how much an Insurance Company would know about the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act?

I though I was asking a question on a point of law, and as such, that this was the right place to do it. :unsure:

Regards,
The Black Rabbit

#10 Sub-seven

Sub-seven

UKPOLICEONLINE Icon

• 4,960 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

It does not come under the Act.

#11 Sub-seven

Sub-seven

UKPOLICEONLINE Icon

• 4,960 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:39 PM

This might help

Edited by Sub-seven, 20 March 2009 - 03:40 PM.