Gerry2009

Gwent Second interview results

I found out this week that I managed to get through the second interview to the medical and fitness stage. I was wondering if any other forum members have made it with me?

Edited by gernant

Congrats on passing the second interview. Im still waiting for my assessment centre date so little behind you but hopefully will catch up at some point. Do you know how many got through the second interview by any chance?

Congrats on passing the second interview. Im still waiting for my assessment centre date so little behind you but hopefully will catch up at some point. Do you know how many got through the second interview by any chance?

I'm not sure, still a bit stunned as I thought the interview had bombed!

I believe it's 22, but I'm not 100% on that, I just seem to remember that figure for some reason!

good luck with your application Wardlow

I'm not sure, still a bit stunned as I thought the interview had bombed!

I believe it's 22, but I'm not 100% on that, I just seem to remember that figure for some reason!

good luck with your application Wardlow

:clapping:

Well done, almost there.

Any advice for the interview stage? I hope to be invited at some point, but it hasn't happened yet. I am however, one of the 67 to pass the assessment centre.

:clapping:

Well done, almost there.

Any advice for the interview stage? I hope to be invited at some point, but it hasn't happened yet. I am however, one of the 67 to pass the assessment centre.

It's exactly as they describe in the letter they send you, no real deviation from that. Learn the examples for the competencies they ask you to learn, be prepared to fill in gaps and talk about your life experiences, they're not trying to catch you out, can't really say much more. Good luck to you!

It's exactly as they describe in the letter they send you, no real deviation from that. Learn the examples for the competencies they ask you to learn, be prepared to fill in gaps and talk about your life experiences, they're not trying to catch you out, can't really say much more. Good luck to you!

Thank you for the response, it is comforting to know.

Are you aware what the lowest score was that they took through to this stage? I have been through this before with Gwent (Feb 08), passed the assessment and then eventually received a letter saying that I was not going to be interviewed a year later. Having gone through this once again, I find I appear to be in the same boat!

Thank you for the response, it is comforting to know.

Are you aware what the lowest score was that they took through to this stage? I have been through this before with Gwent (Feb 08), passed the assessment and then eventually received a letter saying that I was not going to be interviewed a year later. Having gone through this once again, I find I appear to be in the same boat!

see the pm i sent you!

Hi

Had a call from recruitment asking for permission to get my results from another force ( i transferred my results to gwent)

Not sure exactly what this means but fingers crossed.

What assessment scores did you guys get?

PM me if poss

Kind Regards

M

Hi

Had a call from recruitment asking for permission to get my results from another force ( i transferred my results to gwent)

Not sure exactly what this means but fingers crossed.

What assessment scores did you guys get?

PM me if poss

Kind Regards

M

Looks like Gwent are going ahead with interviewing a second batch! I had a call from recruitment today, asking if I was still interested and inviting me to interview at the end of Feb. They are sending a letter out to me in the post.

Looks like Gwent are going ahead with interviewing a second batch! I had a call from recruitment today, asking if I was still interested and inviting me to interview at the end of Feb. They are sending a letter out to me in the post.

coolio!

Same boat as you 2nd interview end of feb 2010. pm me if you like! :bye:

I somehow managed to get through the assessment centre to second interview and was wondering if anyone knew how many got through??

Also, the competency based questions were used in the assessment centre...do they get used again??

The presentation is worrying me as I've never done one before :wacko:

Hi,

I have my second interview on Monday. Was wondering what you had to do your presentation on and also what is the best way to prepare for it? With the interview was it pretty much similar to the assessment centre one?

Hi Huwbert,

I also have my interview on Monday. Only found out 2 days ago and was a bit shocked to find out about the presentation. I have just prepared for a few different ones which I think they will be most likely to ask. I have also made some generic points about the force and their aims so that I can see them during the 30 minute preparation time. As for the interview I cannot say exactly what it will be like as neither of us have done it. But from what they have said in the letter I would imagine that it will be similar to the one in the assessment centre with perhaps a few extra questions relating to yourself and Gwent police!

Paid Membership Required

There are 46 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.