Gerry2009

Fitness test

I had my fitness test this week, i passed!!

I found the bleep test to be harder than some on this forum claimed.. definitely not a walking pace, more of a gentle jog at the start, and I was definitely breathing heavily by the end!

Well done.

I was a Special with South Wales a few years back. When I did the fitness I was certainly breathing heavily after it, although I was a 20 a day smoker at the time.

Compared to other forces though ( mainly scottish forces) the fitness test is quite easy. Scottish forces have to complete a 1.5 mile run in a specified time or reach level 9.1 on the bleep test ( weather dependant)

I'm still hoping Gwent will call soon with an interview date.

Good luck for the rest of your recruitment.

Mike

Well done.

I was a Special with South Wales a few years back. When I did the fitness I was certainly breathing heavily after it, although I was a 20 a day smoker at the time.

Compared to other forces though ( mainly scottish forces) the fitness test is quite easy. Scottish forces have to complete a 1.5 mile run in a specified time or reach level 9.1 on the bleep test ( weather dependant)

I'm still hoping Gwent will call soon with an interview date.

Good luck for the rest of your recruitment.

Mike

Well done, that's great news, it's nice to know that some are getting through. Let us know when you get a start date!!

Best of luck for your future with Gwent.