Sign in to follow this  
kenworthy

Prats

Police got a bucket of water thrown over them, for no more reason then the the general rubbish of our streets hate towards the Police. I wish i knew how to grab a video.

Edited by kenworthy

Police got a bucket of water thrown over them, for no more reason then the the general rubbish of our streets hate towards the Police. I wish i knew how to grab a video.

i've downloaded it for you kenworthy, pm me your email address and i'll send it on to you

i've uploaded it to rapishare, never done that before. 10 lucky people can download the file directly from a free account.. enjoy

http://rapidshare.com/files/369424005/1082..._27341.mp4.html

Edited by gernant

Out of interest, what would be the offence here? I personally think it's not nice and very disrespectful but what arrestable offence has been committed?

Out of interest, what would be the offence here? I personally think it's not nice and very disrespectful but what arrestable offence has been committed?

Assault on police surely

i've downloaded it for you kenworthy, pm me your email address and i'll send it on to you

i've uploaded it to rapishare, never done that before. 10 lucky people can download the file directly from a free account.. enjoy

http://rapidshare.com/files/369424005/1082..._27341.mp4.html

Cheers, thou i not need it. :smiley_notworthy: :smiley_notworthy:

thou i noticed the topic that i placed up was changed. :lol: :lol:

Well I think judging from his demenour he's probably going to be drunk. He'd be coming in for Drunk and Disorderly for me. There is assault police but knowing the CPS they would drop it for something as simple as throwing a bucket of water towards the cops.

Edited by Altair

Firstly I haven't been able to view the video.

If the officer is just walkng the street or just speaking to someone etc it wouldn't be assault police since you have to prove officer was "in lawful execution of his duty" that being essentially acting some power or direction in law... something more than just general patrol

Personally I'd just go straight for an assault. If the water is really cold Id even consider a s.47 if the discomfort was more than "transient and trifling." Plus its more serious than assault police.

Firstly I haven't been able to view the video.

If the officer is just walkng the street or just speaking to someone etc it wouldn't be assault police since you have to prove officer was "in lawful execution of his duty" that being essentially acting some power or direction in law... something more than just general patrol

Personally I'd just go straight for an assault. If the water is really cold Id even consider a s.47 if the discomfort was more than "transient and trifling." Plus its more serious than assault police.

There's no way in a month of Sundays that's a 47 assault and it would never be accepted at custody as one either, no matter how cold the water was. I'm guessing you are basing your answer as a rough guess because you haven't seen the video.

The video is a mobile phone recording showing a group of bobbies stood outside a licenced premises of some sorts, they are talking to a group when a drunken middle aged fool with a bucket drunkenly throws the water towards the cops when they aren't looking. They walk over and grab him and that's the end of the video. You hear the other fool who is recording the video try and encourage the drunk to throw the water.

You mention its more "serious" than assault police yet suggest a 39 assault would be more appropriate. They (assault police/common assault) both are summary offences so neither is more serious than the other punishment wise.

Drunk and Disorderly at best.

Edited by Altair

Unfortunately the file is too big to upload to a forum post as its 4.8mb and the upload limit is 500k!!

Can one upload it to youtube, then place it on here?

Damn fine idea, i'll do it now and post the link :thumbsup:

Just click it!! ^^^^^

:clapping:

Edited by 5panky

There are 11 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE