27 replies to this topic

#21 Ozeelfc

Ozeelfc

UKPOLICEONLINE Associate Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:14 AM

Hi mate. If you so worried why not reveal the warning when you apply for the job, explaining the whole circumstances. This way you'll totally cover yourself. Maybe you should endeavour to contact someone in the field of counselling and explain the circumstances, they could help you more. Personally I think the advice you have been given on here is right on the money- it totally depends on the job....

Kind regards

#22 doodlebuggy

doodlebuggy

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

Hi mate. If you so worried why not reveal the warning when you apply for the job, explaining the whole circumstances. This way you'll totally cover yourself. Maybe you should endeavour to contact someone in the field of counselling and explain the circumstances, they could help you more. Personally I think the advice you have been given on here is right on the money- it totally depends on the job....

Kind regards

Thanks, I have asked my training supervisor and she said enhanced checks are always used and if anything shows up it will count against me, in terms of placements I don't have a chance because there are so many trainee counsellors after them, they will always choose the person with the clean CRB. I wish I was dead my whole life has just been ruined.

#23 doodlebuggy

doodlebuggy

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

Not sure if this is useful to anyone, given how much the warning will impact my career etc I approached the Prof Standards Department and they have spoken to the inspector who made the decision to give me the warning, I phoned him today and he was very nice. He is coming to my house to collect evidence of my relationship with the person who said I was harassing him, emails, photos etc I am not sure if I have done the right thing or whether he will go out of his way to give me a hard life but I felt I couldn't take it lying down so to speak.

#24 doodlebuggy

doodlebuggy

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

I have just spoken to a friend who has suggested I not speak with the officer alone and should go to the police station with my solicitor, given I have made a complaint etc etc Can anyone please offer any advice about this?

#25 Ozeelfc

Ozeelfc

UKPOLICEONLINE Associate Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

tell the truth and you should be fine...

#26 doodlebuggy

doodlebuggy

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:42 PM

I have told the truth from the beginning, for that I have a warning on my CRB and no way of getting rid of it unless I jump up and down. I was asking for advice about whether or not I should play nice and see the police at my home or make it formal and go to the station with my solicitor because I have not been treated with fairness so far!

#27 Ian_C

Ian_C

UKPOLICEONLINE Guru

• Newbie Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

If you do not want a meeting at your home address, then dont have one there, you can not be forced into this.

I propose that this thread has been answered and is now wandering off track into complaint issues. I am going to close this one, and I suggest you speak to the officer allocated by Professional Standards to oversee your complaint, who will be able to best advise you.

This forum is not really the place to discuss this, as you have highlighted, this means a lot to you, and you can not always be sure of the source of advice you get here as it is possible for non police experienced members to post replies, which you may take issue with, or act upon.

Speak to your force, contact the HQ and ask for the Professional Standards department, and they ARE the ones you should be speaking to.

#28 Ian_C

Ian_C

UKPOLICEONLINE Guru

• Newbie Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:43 PM

[warn=Topic Closed]After careful consideration, we feel this topic has now run its course.

Thank you to all the members who participated within the thread, however it is now closed.

Should you wish to respond to any of the issues raised within the topic and need it re-opening, then please contact one of the Moderating Team who will consider your request on an individual basis.[/warn]

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users