• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Melbi_uk

Melbi_uk

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

I have never been in trouble with the law before so all this is very scary for me.

I was arrested recently for 3 alleged assaults

After the interview the police officer said she could have dropped the case but due to the fact she hadn't been made aware that the people accsuing me of assaulting them had been banging on my front door after the alleged assault and I had been making 999 calls reporting them for threatening behaviour towards me and my daughter.

So if she had felt the case could have been dropped on my statement, then why was there a need to put me on bail?

She asked the officer filling in my bail paper not to put the reason for bail as she didnt want the people accusing me of assault to know she would be investigating their behaviour (banging on my front door, brick through my window, knocking on my door and accsuing me of cutting her car brake wire and the emails my daughter had received saying that they were going to get me arrested.

She apologised to me for making the bail a lengthy one and explained she was due to go on leave and wanted to be sure she had enough time to investigate my 999 calls against these people.

I now feel very scared and have retreated to my bed where I feel the safest. I'm too scared to answer the phone or the door now and feel my depression and anxiety is going to blow right out of control

I havent got a clue what is going on

#2 mikeh2000

mikeh2000

UKPOLICEONLINE Icon

• Power User (Enhanced)+
  • 4,287 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

[warn=Standard Disclaimer]This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. UKPoliceonline disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Downloads' area which is restricted to Resident Fed's only.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the forumhost, moderators or other members of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

Please see our guidelines for posting topics in this area

Forum Guidelines

Should you have an issue with any part of this topic then please contact one of the Moderating Team who will review your request on an individual basis.[/warn]

#3 Melbi_uk

Melbi_uk

• Resident Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

[warn=Standard Disclaimer]This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. UKPoliceonline disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Downloads' area which is restricted to Resident Fed's only.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the forumhost, moderators or other members of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

Please see our guidelines for posting topics in this area

<a href="http://www.ukpoliceo...howtopic=17350" target="_blank">Forum Guidelines</a>

Should you have an issue with any part of this topic then please contact one of the <a href="http://www.ukpoliceo...s&CODE=leaders" target="_blank">Moderating Team</a> who will review your request on an individual basis.[/warn]

I am sorry, I wasn't looking for advice. I was just looking for some insight into the terms and conditions of bail.

#4 Del1964

Del1964

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Resident Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:44 PM

I have never been in trouble with the law before so all this is very scary for me.

I was arrested recently for 3 alleged assaults

After the interview the police officer said she could have dropped the case but due to the fact she hadn't been made aware that the people accsuing me of assaulting them had been banging on my front door after the alleged assault and I had been making 999 calls reporting them for threatening behaviour towards me and my daughter.

So if she had felt the case could have been dropped on my statement, then why was there a need to put me on bail?

She asked the officer filling in my bail paper not to put the reason for bail as she didnt want the people accusing me of assault to know she would be investigating their behaviour (banging on my front door, brick through my window, knocking on my door and accsuing me of cutting her car brake wire and the emails my daughter had received saying that they were going to get me arrested.

She apologised to me for making the bail a lengthy one and explained she was due to go on leave and wanted to be sure she had enough time to investigate my 999 calls against these people.

I now feel very scared and have retreated to my bed where I feel the safest. I'm too scared to answer the phone or the door now and feel my depression and anxiety is going to blow right out of control

I havent got a clue what is going on

Hi There
Obviously I am unable to pass comment because it is part of an on going case however what concerns me is why do you not have a clue what is going on and why are you too scared to answer the phone or the door now?
Del

#5 Melbi_uk

Melbi_uk

• Resident Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:50 PM

Hi There
Obviously I am unable to pass comment because it is part of an on going case however what concerns me is why do you not have a clue what is going on and why are you too scared to answer the phone or the door now?
Del

I'm not going to go into it fully as one person has already been arrested and cautioned for threatening my daughter. The reason I am too scared to answer the door now or the phone is quite simple

1) We have been receiving threatening calls from unknown numbers and the people who have said I have assaulted them have ben constantly knocking on my door either to start arguments or accuse us of damage to their property. All false allegations.

2) The police made an anonymous call the morning they came and arrested me (they told me this when I asked if they had rang the house as I was becming extremely anxious at the number of withheld num bers calling our home.

3) I have assaulted nobody but 4 people (all friends) have given the police statements saying I have. So if I stay in bed I canonnot be wrongly accused of anything else.

I really wasn't looking for advice I just wanted to know why bail would be used when it has been made more than obvious to me that they are investigating them and not me now.

#6 Sectioned Detection

Sectioned Detection

UKPOLICEONLINE Master

• Senior Resident Members
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

I would advise you get a legal representative. The reasons will all be covered in PACE (Police And Criminal Evidence act) which is a complicated document that takes ages to learn. You might miss out a piece of information while posting that while you don't see as important could affect any answers given. You'd probably learn more by Googling then you will from this site. Good Luck.

#7 Del1964

Del1964

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Resident Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:03 PM

I'm not going to go into it fully as one person has already been arrested and cautioned for threatening my daughter. The reason I am too scared to answer the door now or the phone is quite simple

1) We have been receiving threatening calls from unknown numbers and the people who have said I have assaulted them have ben constantly knocking on my door either to start arguments or accuse us of damage to their property. All false allegations.

2) The police made an anonymous call the morning they came and arrested me (they told me this when I asked if they had rang the house as I was becming extremely anxious at the number of withheld num bers calling our home.

3) I have assaulted nobody but 4 people (all friends) have given the police statements saying I have. So if I stay in bed I canonnot be wrongly accused of anything else.

I really wasn't looking for advice I just wanted to know why bail would be used when it has been made more than obvious to me that they are investigating them and not me now.

When you say calls from unknown numbers do you mean withheld numbers that cannot be traced or numbers that are unfamiliar to you? If you are receiving threatening calls you need to be reporting that.

Equally if you are having unwanted visitors you need to be reporting that too.
It should have been explained to you at the time why bail was being used however is it possible that because you are anxious and stressed that you did not take all of the information in?

I know you said that the Officer dealing with your case has gone on leave but you could call the station and ask if someone else could answer your general questions about bail etc.
Hope that helps
Del

#8 Melbi_uk

Melbi_uk

• Resident Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

The reason she said bail was so she could investigate all the times we reported them knocking on our door and the phone calls.

She said there had been a breakdown in police communication as she hadn't been made aware of our complaints about these people and hadn't been told that I had to attend A&E for a broken finger one week and the week after for a severe anxiety attack after one of them knocked on my door and accused me of causing damage to her car.

This is why I am confused.

Due to my depression and anxiety I had to have another adult with me, he told me after that the police had admitted to a 'blunder' and was amazed that the chief inspector had personally come to see me to ask if I had been treated ok while in custody.

And yet rather than just release me they released me on police bail.

I will ask my husband to ring them tomorrow to find out exactly what is going on.

Thank you for your time to reply to me

#9 Del1964

Del1964

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Resident Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

You are more than welcome.
It is quite apparent from your posts that this is causing you some distress.
Perhaps when you get an update your anxiety will lessen.
However please bear in mind that you should not have to put up with unacceptable behaviour/calls/visits from the others concerned and you need to report it.
I hope this is resolved soon and that you will begin to feel better
Del

#10 Melbi_uk

Melbi_uk

• Resident Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

Thanks again

I'm just trying to keep my head above water now and keep out of hospital with this stupid depression and anxiety

I'll let you know how it all goes, if I'm not locked up that is!

#11 marknw

marknw

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

I feel for you, I really do. As a victim of a malicous allegation myself, I can hand on heart say, that it affects some people more than others- RE depression and anxiety. whilst some, just shrug it off and laugh at the Police/justice system, even brag about their brushes with the law as some kind of warped badge of honour, others (myself included) have been severely mentally scarred. (not by the Police but by the process).
The only advice I would offer is, don't stay angry, as it eats away at you inside. Don't seek revenge outside of the law, but DO consult a solicitor as soon a possible , and also the police regarding the ongoing harassment. Maybe a DIY CCTV system would put your mind at rest?, (visual proof of the harassment) and a telephone recorder-answer the phone and record any abusive calls-they may even incriminate themselves by admitting the allegation was false. Good luck and try not to worry (I know-easier said than done!)
regards,
Mark.

#12 Melbi_uk

Melbi_uk

• Resident Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:57 AM

Thanks Mark for your kind words.

At least managed a few hours sleep last night.

My husband has insisted he takes me out shopping today (thankfully he has been on his annual leave throughout all of this, but not the best way to spend your holidays)

The depression is bad again now so I'm going to see my GP to see what he can give me to get me through this whole nightmare.

Just wondering now how long it takes for the police to check through 999 calls and get the relevant information from the police officers that attended our calls. They all made notes in their books about every incident, so all my proof lies with them.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users