bravo4

What Kit Bag to Buy?

A little help please.

I am looking to buy a kit bag for general use when on response i.e. Paper work, FPN holder, Torch, Jacket and Flat Cap any advice on which one to go for?

Bravo4

I personally think the M25 bag is too big. I use the free federation bag which has plenty of room for paperwork etc. Some people use cheap sports bags but if you feel you want to buy something from there i would say the M24 looks a better size.

I use the M24 Patrol Bag. It's just the right size to fit in various bits of equipment and perfect to put in the boot of the vehicle. You can pay a little extra too to have your force/ID number printed.

woah there, there's a "free" federation bag.... how do you get that... have I just wasted my money on a (very nice) tactical jack bag?

In GMP on the first day you get a laptop style shoulder bag from the federation full of leaflets and a free pen if you are lucky. Ive used that as my patrol bag for years and had no issues.

I use the M24 Patrol Bag. It's just the right size to fit in various bits of equipment and perfect to put in the boot of the vehicle. You can pay a little extra too to have your force/ID number printed.

Will the M24 fit you flat cap in?

Will the M25 fit the flat cap in?

RE: M24 - It fits my flat cap in, as well as my summer hiviz (neatly folded, might I add :whistle2:). Generally your flat cap will be with you inside of the patrol car.

Merseyside used to issue small laptop bags as well with our Force logo printed on them, as well as a PSU kit bag. That eventually came to a stop.

Edited by IronHand

RE: M24 - It fits my flat cap in, as well as my summer hiviz (neatly folded, might I add :whistle2:). Generally your flat cap will be with you inside of the patrol car.

Merseyside used to issue small laptop bags as well with our Force logo printed on them, as well as a PSU kit bag. That eventually came to a stop.

I would be happy if they would just issue me a job lol.

• Like 1

I would be happy if they would just issue me a job lol.

Yeah, good luck with that.

I have this backpack, but in black. It's fantastic and very portable. My flat cap is strapped to the side of it.

The M25 gets my lightweight hi-vis, my heavyweight goretex storm jacket, my waterproof leggings, hard hat, jumper, fleece, brewkit, flask, goretex snow hat, debris gloves, first aid kit, plus a load of other stuff in the numerous pockets and a 2 cell maglite in the torch pocket. thumbsup.gif

I have the M 12 bag (here) and it fits all my gear in plus can be a (rather oversized) back pack. Mainly I chose it because its cheaper :clapping:

I've had mine 2 years, getting thrown in out of the boot of my own car and in and out of patrol cars, it's still in pretty good condition. It's made of heavy duty woven nylon. thumbsup.gif

I have the Tactical Jack M25 bag. It has ample space for everything that I need, however it is slightly on the large side. Depending on what patrol cars, your force uses you may be suited with another model. It fits fine in the Shogun 4x4's we use sometimes however struggles in a Focus Estate.

There are 2 trains of thought here:

1 - A small[ish], lightweight bag that you can carry about no problem.

2 - A larger bag that you put things in that you may need rarely, but you can dip into throughout the shift without having to go back to the nick. [including evidence bags and tags, all forms, cash seizure kits, lightweight hi vis, cap, jumper and so on]

Personally, I go for number 2.....its heavy and looks cumbersome when I go from my locker to the car. But after that journey, it doesnt move until the end of my tour. So i prefer to have all my kit in the car, to hand, rather than having to get people to bring me the more obscure things. It has bailed me out of trouble tonnes of times.

I have the larger one, it carries everything but the kitchen sink, If i'm on the patrol route away from the station, I don't get back till I knock off, so I needed a bag to carry the lot. thumbsup.gif

I've not long got myself this Tactical Jack kit bag/organiser and can safely say it's a life saver. Kopite pretty much summed it up with his comment earlier, in that the slightly larger bag you can keep almost everything in is far more practical than trawling back an d forth between stations to change jackets, pick up forms, etc.

http://www.patrolstore.com/tactical-jack-medium-duty-organiser-bag-p-13859.html