Sign in to follow this  
ken73

Help with acronym

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to work out what MiPo stands for, but I haven't been able to find anything on the Web-site nor on the wider internet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ken

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to work out what MiPo stands for, but I haven't been able to find anything on the Web-site nor on the wider internet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ken

Hi,

Thanks for the help - apparently the document I was looking at had a typo, and it was supposed to be MoPI, which I deduced to be management of Police information.

Thanks anyway,

K

I'd have said Military Police too but I always knew them as Mod Plod :whistle2:

No, no. no. Mod Plod are Mod Police, not the same as Military Police at all.

Oh no no no!!! 2 different completely beasts. MDP spend most of their time manning gates at military establishments, RMP spend most of the time sat on our arses drinking tea. thumbsup.gif

Like it ...... Royal Military Police ( RMP ) deal with squaddies/ airmen/ seamen and twonk officers for Military and Civil offences usually in house unless locked up by Civil Police....MOD PLOD (Ministry of Defence Police) deal with civis on Military sites in UK as RMP have no powers to deal with UK citizens in UK, however, when 'doreen' the princess wife of Corporal 'Smith' gets lashed up in the NAVAL ARMY and AIR FORCE INSTITUTE bar on a satuturday night in Gutersloh, Germany, wearing Ronhills and stilettos with a B&H hangin out of her mush and thinks everyone is a **** she cones under military law and can locked up by RMP. Husband can also be busted (reduced in rank) or fined for allowing his princess out of the castle late at night.........EXEMPLO DUCEMUS 

Management of Police Information is called MOPI not MiPo, which I assume was a typo.