www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk is an unofficial discussional forum intended for use by both Serving Officers, those aspiring to be join the Police Service, PCSO's, Special Constables and members of Police Staff alike. We also cater for the Highways Agency Staff since the introduction and integration of the HATO role on our major roads network. Members of the public are also free to join and participate if they wish to do so.
Please bear in mind however that the views expressed are those of the individual and not necesarily those of the Police Service. We are not linked to any of the UK or Oversea's Poice Service.
Conditions of Use for the ukpoliceonline Forum
This policy is intended to help create an atmosphere in which freedom of speech is balanced by self-discipline and a mature attitude to discussion. All interested parties are encouraged to join discussions on the Ukpoliceonline Forum (hereafter, "the forum").
Serving Officers Please Note
Serving officers are reminded that the forum is public, open to overseas officers and members of the general public. It should not be treated as a secure medium and it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that nothing is said or inferred on the forum that may interfere with current operations or bring your force into disrepute, and that you do not release any information whatsoever that is not already in the public domain. "In the public domain" means the information has already been widely circulated on TV and/or radio, in the mainstream press, or on public access internet news sites.
Any breaches of the above policy may result in disciplinary action and / or legal proceedings being taken by your force against you.
Please note that advice given here with the best of intentions by other users of the forum may not always be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.
Therefore any and all information you receive through the forum or via private messages, email etc. is always given on the condition that you 'use it at your own risk'.
The Management Team and agents of the forum will not be held responsible for any consequences of the use of such advice. The Management Team may send you police related information to your email address or private messaging, via a news letter. You will however be given the option to unsubscribe to any future news letter and remove your details from our mailing list.
Opinions expressed within these forums are not necessarily the opinions of the forum owner(s) or any individuals directly or indirectly involved in this website or the companies and individuals associated with it.
No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on this or any associated or related bulletin board owned by NSI (Holdings) Limited. The personal information of our contributors will be kept private except to comply with applicable laws or valid legal reasons.
Use of the Forum by persons aged less than 16 years old
The forum is intended for persons aged 16 years or older. Persons younger than this are welcome to register and participate but must abide by the forum rules at all times and contact one of the moderating team to inform them of their age.
Forum Rules Definitions
• "Ukpoliceonline" means the website known as Ukpoliceonline, its associated sites and its Management Team, owner, operator, staff and agents.
• "Forum" means the discussion forum maintained on Ukpoliceonline.
• "Terms of Service" means this document and any additions or amendments to it.
• "Member" means a person who has been granted a login name and password to Ukpoliceonline
• "Management Team" means the website hosts for the time being, his designated subordinates and agents.
Before posting on the Forum a user is required to register as a Member.
No Member or person applying to be a Member shall represent himself as another person.
• The Forum is intended primarily for topics relating to UK crime and policing and recruitment, including the Special Constabulary, and for the discussion of items of professional interest.
• Members should keep to topic.
• If a Member makes a contribution to the Forum that is inappropriate to the subject under discussion then the Member may be directed by the Management Team
• The Management Team reserves the right to modify, remove or relocate any post by a Member.
• The Management Team's decision shall be final.
Registration and Password
You agree to take full responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and shall be responsible for all uses via your registration and/or login, whether or not authorised by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use or your registration, user account or password. You may not have more than one user account. Duplicate accounts are likely be removed or blocked without notice.
Conduct of Discussion
Messages posted on the Forum must not be:
• The use of swear words or any undue profanity is prohibited.
Members must not post anything that is, or could reasonably be interpreted as:
Members must not post anything that, if it were posted, would:
• Contravene any law of the United Kingdom
• Expose the Management Team or the website to liability, be it civil or criminal or both
Members must not
• Make reference to the personality of another person
• Attack another person's character unless the person in question has already brought his or her personality into the issue under discussion.
• Members must not engage in one-to-one arguments, disagreements or disputes of a personal nature.
Members remain legally responsible for any messages they may post.
Members and any other users of the website agree to indemnify them and the Management Team and any sub-contractors against any liability arising from any breach of:
• Any other intellectual property right
• Committed in connection with their use of the Forum.
• Members and any other users of the website agree to indemnify them and the Management Team and any sub-contractors against any liability arising from any breach of Term 4.
• Members and any other users of the website agree to indemnify it and the Management Team and any sub-contractors in respect of any costs or expenses arising from conducting or defending proceedings arising from a publication by the Member contrary to Term 4 or Term 6.1.
Views Expressed to be Those of Members
The views expressed in any message on the Forum are those of the Member who published them and not of the Forum, the website, the Management Team or any other person.
• Members agree to any personal information they may have submitted to the Forum, the website or the Management Team being stored on a database.
• Members agree that if required to do so by any legitimate organisation investigating matters of a criminal or professional standards nature, the Management Team shall if necessary release whatever information he holds on specified Member(s) to assist such an investigation.
• The Forum, the website or the Management Team shall not be liable for any hacking attempt that may lead to this data being compromised or any loss that may result.
• Serving Police Officers must have regard to their force policies regarding confidential information.
• Except with consent of that person, Members must not post private information about another person.
• Subject to the following exceptions no advertising of products or services, or any other thing, is permitted.
• The Management Team may permit advertising to appear at his sole discretion.
• Within the context of any discussion, information about locating and sharing specific products and expertise is permitted.
Management Team's Right to Edit etc. Messages and Members
• The Management Team retains the absolute right to edit, amend, modify, relocate, remove or otherwise change any message posted on the Forum for any reason.
• The Management Team retains the absolute right to ban any Member from the forum, either on a temporary or permanent basis, should he consider it necessary.
• The Management Team need not supply a member with a reason as to why he has exercised his powers under this section.
• The Management Team's decision is final.
Removal of Accounts, Posts and Topics
From time to time we are asked to "delete my account and all my posts and topics".
The answer to this is that we do not delete posts en masse as a matter of policy. There are several reasons for this policy:
- It is technically fiddly and time-consuming to delete all of a user's posts, and to be frank the moderators and I have better things to do with our time
- Mass deleting posts like this will probably leave holes in threads which may make those threads difficult to understand
- Even if we did delete every single post, your comments would remain wherever they were quoted by someone else
- If you have abided by our forum rules, then there shouldn't be any reason to delete your posts
As for deleting accounts, we don't do this either. If you do not wish to use the forum any more, then simply stop visiting. Your account will remain dormant.
Any person who has a complaint in relation to the forum or the website may contact any member of the Management Team.
The use of the website shall be governed by the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
This policy was last updated on 7/1/2013