#1 helpgetmeouttheuk

helpgetmeouttheuk

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if it is at all possible to get a civilian role with a force abroad? I am currently working as an intelligence researcher for the Met and have previously worked for BTP and SOCA. I'm growing a bit bored of life in the UK and would like the experience of living in another country other than the UK. I enjoy what I do and would like to develop my skills rather than starting down a new career path or having to take any old job for poor money.

I have seen that certain forces in Australia and Canada have tried enticing British officers over. Does anyone know of any British citizens who have transferred into a civilan role in another English speaking country? Most of the vacancies that I have looked at appear to only be for US / AUS nationals.

I have seen that Europol and Interpol have various analyst positions available, however these appear to be secondments rather than full-time positions and in locations that don't really appeal to me.

I hope someone can help or give me some ideas.

Thanks

#2 dungeon monkey

dungeon monkey

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hello matey, I am also looking too! What qualifications do you have? It could be you qualify for a skilled based visa to oz maybe not straight into the police side of things but after time i reckon that option will be open to you

#3 helpgetmeouttheuk

helpgetmeouttheuk

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

Ok - so have you looked into that at all then - skilled based visa? I've not explored that far yet.

What type of qualifications? I've got a BA Hons in Criminology. Professionally, I dont have any - just a load of certificates for the various courses I have been on - NPIA, RISC, PNC all that jazz.

Where have you looked at then Sam? Any hope? Someone must want out skills!!

#4 dungeon monkey

dungeon monkey

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

check this website out http://www.workpermit.com/australia/skilled/occupation_list.htm , many routes into OZ if you qualify under the jobs in the link then a visa is straight forward pending jobs , which considering that these jobs are based on a skill shortage shouldn't be too hard .

I’ve looked at civilian jobs with all Oz police forces and PR is required, I’m from a sporting back ground and my skills are not mentioned as being in need so I have to wait to become a bobby over here and keep my fingers crossed that they will start recruiting brits again.
Failing all that i have spoken with a few ex pats in Oz and the only way is to gain skills or take another job opportunity and wait approx. 4 years for PR to be issued (from what I understand).

Iv just looked on a few websites and judging by you working in the MET there is a, Skills Australia Needs event in London on 25-27 February another link for you to look at http://www.immi.gov.au/skillevents/ maybe there might be someone there who can help you

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users