• This topic is locked This topic is locked
858 replies to this topic

#841 pridds

pridds

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Some practical tips for you for the first week. First day make sure you dress smart. There are no catering facilities at force HQ so you can either bring a pack up or go across to Sainsburys/McDonalds/the sandwich van. You'll be in uniform from day two so if you haven't already got some boots, do that this weekend. Other than that pretty much everything else is supplied for you in terms of books, paper etc.

We're all nice in the Jan intake and some of us are going to make an effort to pop in and say hello. Enjoy your final weekend of not being (student) police officers! :bye:

#842 jacko6686

jacko6686

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• Senior Resident Members
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

So no stationary required?

I'll look forward to seeing you :+)

#843 potentialrecruit2012

potentialrecruit2012

UKPOLICEONLINE Full Member

• Resident Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Thanks for the tips Pridds - they're really helpful. Another practical question, can we park near to the training school or do we have to park elsewhere?

I look forward to meeting you all - not long now!

#844 jacko6686

jacko6686

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• 1,801 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

I think we can park where we did for the info sessions

#845 potentialrecruit2012

potentialrecruit2012

• Resident Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

I didn't park for the info sessions lol, I got dropped off. Where did you park? There were some spaces past reception I think

#846 jacko6686

jacko6686

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• 1,801 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Yeah there's a two or three tiered car park past the sports hall, and there's a car park next to the classrooms. I'am sure it won't matter on the first day where we park so long as we turn up :-)

#847 pridds

pridds

• Resident Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

You can park anywhere on HQ except for those marked out for specific people. The best place is the first left after the entrance barrier.  Day one you'll meet at reception which is a short walk from there, but you'll get a massive bag of uniform so it's worth going in that one. You can bring stationery if you want...any pens need to be black.

#848 jacko6686

jacko6686

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• 1,801 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

this is probably a daft question, but we we need our sports kit on day one or is it all admin?

#849 pridds

pridds

• Resident Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Not daft I had mine in the boot on the first day :lol:. But no you won't, a lot of the first week is admin. About week 3/4 you'll probably need it. Most OST is full days so you can just turn up in kit.

#850 potentialrecruit2012

potentialrecruit2012

• Resident Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

My sports kit is already in my boot :) Do we have to do the fitness test again in week 1? I've heard rumours....

#851 alex76

alex76

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

My sports kit is already in my boot :) Do we have to do the fitness test again in week 1? I've heard rumours....

No you don't.  Not 100%, but I don't think we have to do it again.  Be good to see you all tomorrow. 

........by the way, still got some new (less than 5 miles on the clock) size 11 Altberg boots for sale if anyone wants them!!?? :whistling:

#852 Rob F

Rob F

UKPOLICEONLINE Associate Member

• Resident Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hi all. Best of luck for tomorrow, I hope you enjoy it.

Tomorrow is the beginning of my second week for Leicestershire Police. It's been really tough as my dad had a stroke on Tuesday, so I haven't been able to enjoy it or focus really. He has begun his recovery, and I am seeing signs of his former personality returning, so I am positive about tomorrow!

We had a fitness test on day 2, and a PT session on Friday, where we were well and truly beasted! We have a PT session every 2 weeks.

Again, all the best for tomorrow!

#853 sleemark2938

sleemark2938

• Resident Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hi all. I have my appointment with occ. health on 27th March. Did everyone else have this? If so, can you tell me what to expect?

Cheers, Mark

#854 davebrum

davebrum

• Resident Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

medical history review, blood pressure, lung capacity, hearing, grip strength test, touch your toes, weighing, height measurement. Thats all i remember. this is with a nurse. you then meet with the doctor who decides wether you are healthy enough for duty. if so he seals your records and signs to say all is good.

Good luck!

you on the june intake?

#855 sleemark2938

sleemark2938

• Resident Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

Thanks mate - sounds pretty intense but fingers crossed! I'm on the reserve list for June. How about you?

#856 davebrum

davebrum

• Resident Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

I am on the june intake as far as i know at the moment. cant wait to get my formal job offer! best of luck and dont worry too much. all the people at occ health were really nice!

#857 sleemark2938

sleemark2938

• Resident Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

Is anyone on here in the same situation as me and listed on the reserve list for a June intake or a definite for the June intake?

Wondered what the latest news was, if any?! Getting a little anxious now!

#858 sykes

sykes

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• Police Service (Officer)
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

For those of you in training or waiting to start you are going to find the first few weeks hard going but it will be worth it we have had officers form the last two intakes come onto our shift and the level of knowledge they have when coming on section is probably the best its ever been it would appear training school have now got the balance just right,so no matter how hard you may find it especially with the need to travel stick with it because you will be well prepared when you come on section.

On a practical note regarding parking, this is very limited especially as we go into the alleged summer period and other training course come round for their annual input it will get worse it really is worth looking at car sharing, there is also a review under way about refurbishing rebuilding HQ and possibly looking at some kind of catering arrangements to be re instated, If/when this happens who knows but may well affect those later in the year

Once you get told where you are going recommend you make the effort of contacting your shift Sgt and paying a visit to the station meet your shift at one of their briefings you can get things like lockers, keys or cards organised and on day one you will at least recognise faces and will have already been introduced to your tutor

good luck with the training

#859 sleemark2938

sleemark2938

• Resident Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hi all. Fingers crossed I will be starting on 3rd June.

I wondered if anyone from previous intakes could recommend any reading or preparation prior to this as I imagine it to be quite a steep learning curve? Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users