7 replies to this topic

#1 Nykad21

Nykad21

UKPOLICEONLINE Full Member

• Resident Members
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Call Of Duty!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

Hi guys and girls, I found this earlier and think that it needs to be advertised more.

I've already signed it and shared it on Facebook. I admit that I don't quite understand all the changes that are planned but I think that it is simply wrong to change the conditions that we are all subject to and that we will pay more every month, work for several years longer and get less money at the end!

I don't know what difference this or any other action that police officers/federation can take about this but every little helps!

http://epetitions.di...petitions/22321

Edited by Nykad21, 14 September 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#2 tom_major

tom_major

UKPOLICEONLINE Full Member

• Resident Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Was a tough one to decide whether to sign but I did. On the one hand I imagine it's a bloody hard job and in a upside down society where you're rewarded for sitting on your arse. On the other hand I am struggling very hard to recollect a good experience with cops and my only experiences are either crap, incompetent or they have tried to shaft me. Clearly there are bad apples but you only have to read more depressing revelations how some have altered eveidence and so on, Menezes, Tomlinson and my own experience has been utter sh1te. I imagine it's a hard job and should be well rewarded though particularly compared to bankers, estate agents and insurance con artists and the like. Then again retiring early on a nice pension is more than most of us get but clearly that's not the fault of the police who I'd rather be paying tax to than a banker or dodgy politician and perhaps if they were paid a decent amount proportionate to what they're role is then it might attract competent people to the police. Found it hard to be sticking up for something that in my own personal experience has been worse then crap but I guess based on the basic principle and taking my anecdotal experience out of the equation the right thing to do is sign it.

#3 kenworthy

kenworthy

UKPoliceOnline Legend

• UKPoliceOnline Reporter
  • 18,318 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

http://www.policeora...bate_57695.html

A parliamentary debate on police pensions looks set to be on the cards after an e-petition launched by a Suffolk sergeant passed the 100,000 signatures mark.

Members of the Banchbench Business Committee must now consider whether the issue should be put before MPs in the Commons as officers continue to bolster the names on Sgt Nigel Thompsett’s electronic document.

#4 gripper

gripper

UKPOLICEONLINE Guru

• Senior Resident Members
  • 2,756 posts
  • Interests:Monkey hanging!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Have you been on holiday Ken?.

#5 kenworthy

kenworthy

UKPoliceOnline Legend

• 18,318 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Not exactly, problems occurred, all over with now :)

#6 kenworthy

kenworthy

UKPoliceOnline Legend

• 18,318 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

http://www.polfed.or...8D0961A25DE.asp

Lobby your MP on pensions

22 November 2012

Police officers across England and Wales have helped to secure a debate on police pensions. The debate which has been tabled by Keith Vaz, Chairman of the Home Affairs Select Committee will take place at Westminster Hall on 28 November 2012. From the e-petition set up by Nigel Tompsett which gained over 100,000 signatures to Federation members contacting Mr Vaz directly – all have played their part in getting this debate secured. It is now important that members contact their MPs to ensure they ask questions during the debate and raise the key issues to ensure this invaluable opportunity has a beneficial outcome and does not go unheard.

MPs should be made aware of the following points:

• Section 2 of the Police Pensions Act should be honoured by the government. For more information on section 2 visit:
http://www.polfed.or...PensionsAct.pdf

• Any new pensions introduced should only be for new recruits.

• In our submission we stated that there was no necessity to increase the contribution rate OR the retirement age.

• These terms were rejected by the Home Office and the Treasury Department who determined that all public servants will pay more for their pensions.

Information about your local MP can be found here: http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

4.PM on Parliament channel.

#7 kenworthy

kenworthy

UKPoliceOnline Legend

• 18,318 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

#PolicePensionsDebate 3 years screwing Police over, 30 minutes to rectify the shafting of Police! #Disgrace

#8 kenworthy

kenworthy

UKPoliceOnline Legend

• 18,318 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...000/9773057.stm

Police pensions debate

Watch live coverage of the Westminster Hall debate on police pensions from 4pm on 28 November 2012.
The debate will be led by the Labour MP for Leicester East, Keith Vaz, the chair of the House of Commons Home Affairs Committee.
An e-petition criticising changes to police pensions, initiated by a sergeant from Suffolk, recently secured 100,000 signatures, meaning it could be eligible for a full parliamentary debate.
The Home Office said the review of police pensions was in line with other public sector workers and the changes would be introduced in 2015.
Under the government proposals, the police would pay a larger proportion of their income into their pension scheme and get smaller pay-outs based on average career salaries rather than final salaries.
Rather than retire after 30 years of service, the normal retirement age would be at 60.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users