215 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   mcscotland

mcscotland

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Thanks, Good luck on your assessment day! When I did my SETs with a different force it was mentioned that they are constantly assessing us - so you're right to suit it up for the day. 

#202 OFFLINE   steve13

steve13

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Congrats to those that have been accepted and comiserations to those who haven't - don't give up! Officially got the call yesterday saying I'd been accepted and will get a start date through soon - probably june/july time i reckon. bIt of a long, drawn out process but would have been in for now if it wasn't for my current employer messing around with my reference! Still, happy days.

#203 OFFLINE   dr_bogenbroom

dr_bogenbroom

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Power User
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Well done - do you have to do a pre employment fitness test?

Edited by dr_bogenbroom, 21 March 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#204 OFFLINE   steve13

steve13

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Thanks! Not as far as i'm aware but just waiting on all the details to come through. 

#205 OFFLINE   UKtestaccount

UKtestaccount

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Congrats to those that have been accepted and comiserations to those who haven't - don't give up! Officially got the call yesterday saying I'd been accepted and will get a start date through soon - probably june/july time i reckon. bIt of a long, drawn out process but would have been in for now if it wasn't for my current employer messing around with my reference! Still, happy days.

Hi Steve

How long after you passed the Assessment Centre (Group exercises and final Interview) until you received this call?....And have you done your medical? 

I've passed all the tests/assessments (excluding the Medical) but am not sure what the next steps are.  Any information would be appreciated!

#206 OFFLINE   UKtestaccount

UKtestaccount

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Hi Steve

How long after you passed the Assessment Centre (Group exercises and final Interview) until you received this call?....And have you done your medical? 

I've passed all the tests/assessments (excluding the Medical) but am not sure what the next steps are.  Any information would be appreciated!

Actaully, I just checked your profile and read your previous posts.  It seems as though I'm at a stage in the recruitment process that you reached in January.  If my health and references are up to scratch, I guess I'll have a couple of months to wait before I get any clarity.

#207 OFFLINE   steve13

steve13

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

I guess it's different for everyone. my initial stages all went past in about 2 months but my reference held everything up for a lot longer than it should have. Once you do the medical it takes about a week to hear if you've passed it, then it's a matter  of vetting and references. Maybe about 4 weeks in total excluding hold-ups. Good luck, hope it all goes well! :) 

#208 OFFLINE   gemlogical

gemlogical

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Hi everyone.

Was just wondering if anyone else reading was attending the recruitment day on 30th of April?

Also to anyone that's been. What time did you finish the first assessment day? I'm trying to book flights at the moment. Ive been putting in an 8pm flight time but still worried i might struggle to get to the airport on time. 

Gem  :smile:

#209 OFFLINE   steve13

steve13

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

You should be done the first assessment day mid afternoon. It wont finish any later than half 4 as the recruitment/ hr staff knock off at 5 :)

#210 OFFLINE   ib390

ib390

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

I'm there on the 30th.

#211 OFFLINE   tidge58

tidge58

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

I was in the first round of interviews and got out by 1330. An 2000 flight should be fine

#212 OFFLINE   gemlogical

gemlogical

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Oh blimey! Looks like i'm going to be kicking around Aberdeen for the afternoon then  :lol:

Where will you be coming from ib? Is it your first interview with the police?

I can't believe how fast its all happened (not that I'm complaining). After reading some other posts it sounds the same for some other people too. Is that normal or just because they've come to the end of the recruitment drive? I had a look on all policejobs.com and Grampian's not listed on there any longer.

#213 OFFLINE   tidge58

tidge58

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Well Grampian Police doesn't exist anymore its part of the Nothern Division of Police Scotland.  I sent my paperwork in on the Monday they acknowledged it on the Wednesday and sent me another letter on the Friday invitng me to a recruitment day.  I did that 2-3 weeks agao and I have another assessment day next week

#214 OFFLINE   steve13

steve13

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Is there anyone out there who has been accepted to join but still waiting on a start date? Hoping I'm not the only one :). I'm practically walking around with my notice for my current job as I can't wait to get started.

#215 OFFLINE   dr_bogenbroom

dr_bogenbroom

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Power User
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'm in the same boat as you - passed my final in Nov (through the former lothian and borders).

Do you guys have to do a second fitness test?

Dr B

#216 OFFLINE   steve13

steve13

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Well I admire your patience Sir! We had the bleep test and medical but that's about it as far as fitness goes.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users