iMac

Initial Interview on Monday

So, I've got my Initial Interview this Monday. Have been doing my studying, but just wondering if there's anything I've missed?

I've done my reasearch on the force and their priorities, studied my division and community, got the priorities for both of them too. Also been learning the current campaigns being run by the force. Went for a Probationer visit, learned some good stuff about what goes on at Tulliallan from him. Been studying diversity, and of course, have memorised the probationary period timetable. Even been looking at the new Police Service of Scotland just incase that's mentioned too.

Anything I've missed? Any final tips? Or is it just the nerves getting the better of me? :g:

So, I've got my Initial Interview this Monday. Have been doing my studying, but just wondering if there's anything I've missed?

I've done my reasearch on the force and their priorities, studied my division and community, got the priorities for both of them too. Also been learning the current campaigns being run by the force. Went for a Probationer visit, learned some good stuff about what goes on at Tulliallan from him. Been studying diversity, and of course, have memorised the probationary period timetable. Even been looking at the new Police Service of Scotland just incase that's mentioned too.

Anything I've missed? Any final tips? Or is it just the nerves getting the better of me? :g:

Make sure you know the rank structure and the name of the people in the senior positions not just the Chief Constables name !!

reference equality and diversity good to remember the nine protected characteristics

Always good to have a prepared thought out answer for "Why you want to join Police" and if you are not orginally from Strathclyde area "Why you chose Strathclyde"

any other advice you need let me know I myself have my final interview next Thursday

Make sure you know the rank structure and the name of the people in the senior positions not just the Chief Constables name !!

reference equality and diversity good to remember the nine protected characteristics

Always good to have a prepared thought out answer for "Why you want to join Police" and if you are not orginally from Strathclyde area "Why you chose Strathclyde"

any other advice you need let me know I myself have my final interview next Thursday

Rank structure is a good one, never even thought of learning that. Nine protected charateristics!? I only found seven!

But yeah, will defo look into all that. Sound advice. Anyone for anymore?

P.S. All the best for your final! :biggrin:

Everything already said plus I'd say go over your application form and the scenario questions that you answered. You sound like you're doing the right things.

Just be confident, nice firm handshake and look them in the eyes when you talk to them. There'll be a glass of water in the room for you, just take your time and use the water to give you thinking time.

Rank structure is a good one, never even thought of learning that. Nine protected charateristics!? I only found seven!

But yeah, will defo look into all that. Sound advice. Anyone for anymore?

P.S. All the best for your final! :biggrin:

The 9 for you

• gender reassignment
  • marriage and civil partnership
  • pregnancy and maternity
  • race
  • religion or belief
  • sex
  • sexual orientation

Another thing I remembered is learn the 5 pieces of police protective equipment they nearly got me on that one !!!

My interview is on Monday too.

You've covered a lot, and what the other guys have mentioned has pretty much everything covered.

I'd read the chief constables report too. Make sure you know the motto of strathclyde.

Good luck on Monday.

Hey guys I passed my final interview a few weeks ago and I'm on the 7th November Intake, so any questions feel free to ask away!

Everything you guys have said is spot on, no matter what you revise though they are going to put you under pressure. I found my initial interview a lot more intense than my final one, but as everyone says, just relax. If you start flapping in a room with 2 people how are you going to deal with real situations when your working! If you don't know something, admit it and say you will learn about it, don't try and talk rubbish to get out of it!

At the end of the day, anyone can go and read the websites and memorise probationer timetables, that's the bare minimum. They are looking for people to be confident, assertive and level headed. So if you learn the info and stay relaxed I'm sure you will be fine, just be ready for the long wait after the initial while your vetting goes on! As I said, any advice I can give about the initial or final let me know, good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Totally agree with Jlove5, once you have learned all about the division etc, its just about common sense. Keep calm and don't be afraid to ask them to explain a question if you don't understand it. You'll be fine :-)

• Like 1

Hi guys, I also have an initial interview on Friday and have pretty much got most of the info locked down.

However, I'm not entirely sure what knowledge is required about your own division...is it just incentives, goals, plans, priorities?

Hi guys, I also have an initial interview on Friday and have pretty much got most of the info locked down.

However, I'm not entirely sure what knowledge is required about your own division...is it just incentives, goals, plans, priorities?

Location of your Divisional HQ

Who is in charge of your Division

Any local inititives that are going on in your division not just there Prioritys

I learnt size and population of my Div and some local crime Stats to compare across rest of Strathclyde

The majority of my initial was all about teamwork, communication, diversity etc etc so make sure you have examples of each from work and so on...both positive and negative like have you ever let your team down, a team member not pulling their weight - very much competency based, but guess they're all different!

Seven to ten days I was told. Hopefully find out by the end of next week. :whistling:

I passed! Thanks for your help everyone. Onto vetting now for me! :biggrin:

• Like 2

Excellent news. Did your letter come today? I better check when I finish work.

Yeah it came this morning. Was dated for Thursday the 11th. :wink:

Congratulations guys, a step closer now. Due to unfortunate circumstances, my initial interview has been rescheduled for next week, was supposed to be last week. Let the preparation and studying re-commence lol.

hi I have my initial interview in the next month and I am struggling to find what division is which in terms of D, division, A, division and so on as to what area they are. if that makes any sense could anyone help with this please.

Firstly, there is no "D" division...

The letters to divisions are:

A division is glasgow central & west

B division is Glasgow NE and east Dunbarton

G div is Glasgow south and east renfrewshire

K div is Renfrew and inverclyde

L is argyle bute and W dunbarton

N is N Lanarkshire

Q is S Lanarkshire

U is Ayrshire.