• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#41 Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Aw that's good to hear you must be on the mend. Even when you don't have a cold running in this weather catches your chest! Really excited for you. Will you keep us up to date with what Tulliallan is like? :-)

My medical is on the 13th nov and I'm assuming my final fitness will be start of January. Just can't wait to start!

#42 yliving

yliving

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Best of luck for your medical, it was quite a long medical for me, think I was there about 2 hours in total. Will let you know how getting on at Tulli when get a chance!! :-)

#43 babe7466

babe7466

UKPOLICEONLINE Associate Member

• Resident Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Hi Yvonne! I start on 7th Nov also!! This is prob a stupid question but what are you carrying your boots in on first day? Carrier bag they came in? Holdall?

#44 yliving

yliving

• Resident Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Hi, I'm not sure!! Not thought about that yet!! Will probably take them in holdall with all my other bits. Not long to go now, can't wait to get started. Are you joining Strathclyde?

#45 babe7466

babe7466

• Resident Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

What else have we to take in with us other than P45? Yes joining Strathclyde :)

#46 Vickym83

Vickym83

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

I'm having trouble getting a ladies white shirt that buttons to the top! Found one in H&M but I has black buttons. Anyone know where I can get one?

#47 rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

I'm having trouble getting a ladies white shirt that buttons to the top! Found one in H&M but I has black buttons. Anyone know where I can get one?

Might be worth trying t m lewin, they've always got a sale on and they've got quite a big range of shirts

#48 babe7466

babe7466

• Resident Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

Asda! £10!

#49 Vickym83

Vickym83

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Asda! £10!

Button to the top? The only one I found in Asda was an open neck blouse.

#50 Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

I got mine from m&s and it buttons right to the top.

#51 babe7466

babe7466

• Resident Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Yeh buttons to the top, a bit like a school shirt.

#52 Vickym83

Vickym83

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Cheers, ill have a look, thanks ladies :-)

#53 Emma1991

Emma1991

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hey guys! Random was just looking for some more information about the process, I sent my application away start of the week how long did it take u guys to hear back? Also can somebody give me a bit more detail about tillyallen training as haven't had much! Thanku

Emma

#54 rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Hey guys! Random was just looking for some more information about the process, I sent my application away start of the week how long did it take u guys to hear back? Also can somebody give me a bit more detail about tillyallen training as haven't had much! Thanku

Emma

Hi Emma,

Which force have you applied for? Every force seems to be a bit different, so the time it takes for them to get back to you might depend on the force. I think it took me a few weeks to hear back from Grampian, and that was just to say that they had received my application. The SPC website has quite a bit of info about Tulliallan on it so if you haven't been on there yet I'd suggest looking at it.

Good luck!

#55 Emma1991

Emma1991

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hey! It's grampian iv applied with! I received my email confirming they have my application last week! How long did they give you between saying you have a attend a recruitment day and attending? Also any tips on what I should study for the exams? I have done the papers on grampian website but there's only one!

Thanks

#56 Ces1987

Ces1987

• Resident Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Might be worth checking other ones on other force websites to see if they differ. For doing maths you can just do it yourself, make up random addition, multiplications, divisions, working out of percentages and ratios. That's what I did and passed!

#57 Emma1991

Emma1991

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Thanks will try that! Always hated maths at school due to never having constant teachers! Nervous about the exams!

#58 rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Hey! It's grampian iv applied with! I received my email confirming they have my application last week! How long did they give you between saying you have a attend a recruitment day and attending? Also any tips on what I should study for the exams? I have done the papers on grampian website but there's only one!

Thanks

I think I got a couple of weeks between getting the invitation and then attending for the first stage. Practising is the best way to prepare for the exams, and timing yourself. The more you practice the more ready you'll feel on the day :thumbsup:

Let us know how you get on

#59 Emma1991

Emma1991

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Thank you for the advice! Still haven't herd anything, keeping my fingers crossed!! X

#60 EXRAF

EXRAF

• Resident Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Thank you for the advice! Still haven't herd anything, keeping my fingers crossed!! X

Good luck Emma. I applied in late April and started with Grampian in November, so it takes a little while. The longest period is waiting for the initial recruitment day.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users