•  

Photo

Local CID - DC board/interview advice please.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 AKSK

AKSK

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hi

my first post in a long time. Actually sInce before I went on the initial assessment day over 5 years ago....

Anyway, time has passed and as it happens I have got myself a board for a DC position on local CID. This will be my first interview as I seem to have always found myself on attachments.

Please can anyone offer ANY advice on good board techniques, ANY good examples of things/processes to mention and some clever lines which might just get me the few extra points needed to pass.

Also if anyone knows of standard questions which come up time and time again....?
Please, any suggestions welcomed no matter how obvious.

Thanks in advance.

#2 sykes

sykes

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• Police Service (Officer)
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

I think the clue is in your question its local , as every station appears to have different criteria your much better off speaking to either a DS or DI on the team you want to join they know what they want , what the local procedure is and there nothing to say to cant ask for advice and coaching, also worth remembering if you want to be detective showing a bit of interest and self motivation to your prospective supervisors can onye be a good idea

#3 GeorgeH

GeorgeH

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Good luck.

I am not a cop but I have over thirty years of investigative experience. Working up a case involves a different set of skills than what you would use in uniformed patrol. The devil is in the details.

#4 deggs79

deggs79

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Good luck.

I am not a cop but I have over thirty years of investigative experience. Working up a case involves a different set of skills than what you would use in uniformed patrol. The devil is in the details.

George,

Could you please contact me I am trying to get in contact with you regarding US immigration thread which is locked, I am looking for a lawyer, Many thanks

George,

Could you please contact me I am trying to get in contact with you regarding US immigration thread which is locked, I am looking for a lawyer, Many thanks

Please pm me your email address.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users