•  

Photo

Any serving officers here joined a mountain rescue team?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 kpeter20

kpeter20

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Resident Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

As title really, are there any officers here or does anyone know a serving officer that has joined a mountain rescue team?

A team local to me is recruiting and it's something I'm interested in, even more so with the current search ongoing in mid Wales at the mo.

Before i I rocking the boat at work I am just seeking any advice from any officers that are on a MRT. Obviously there is a level of commitment that can clash with being an officer and wondering if anyone has managed it.

Thanks
Ken

#2 gripper

gripper

UKPOLICEONLINE Guru

• Senior Resident Members
  • 2,767 posts
  • Interests:Monkey hanging!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

I know of some officers, that work for the ambulance service, on a voluntary basis.
So give it a go fella.

#3 nigeltm

nigeltm

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• 770 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

There are 3 serving officers on my team. They fit training and callout around their shifts. The job comes first and sometimes they're unavailable for quite some time (olympics and dale farm come to mind) but they're still productive members of the team. I can ask if they can talk to you if you want.

#4 Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin

UKPOLICEONLINE Veteran

• 1,300 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

Not MRT, but I do know of people who've come into the job as officers, having already been part of the RNLI. I don't know the details of why, etc, but they've ended up giving up their lifeboat service activities.

#5 kpeter20

kpeter20

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Resident Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Great replies, thanks. Nigel, if you or they get chance, please pm me here. It just would be good to hear their experience of how the job/smt handle it.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users