• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Justtoclarify

Justtoclarify

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

I was an absolute idiot and got caught speeding on the M1 last night. :blush: This resulted in me being pulled over by an unmarked car and issued with caution et,c and a leaflet saying that Herts police look to re-educate and not prosecute, but that I may receive points and a fine instead of this option, or alternatively a court summons.

I'm pretty stressed about this: I've never had any sort of run in with the police and in 11 years of driving have not had any points on my licence. I definitely don't want to go to court and potentially get a ban.

My speed was fast (~95 [I'm not stating I didn't state in the police car]), but on the footage I quickly pull in and slow down (although still speeding).

In asking the attending officer what he thought the likely outcome would be (under old rules the officer would have issued 3 points and a fine, but now has to give me the leaflet) the officer said he thought most probably a Speed Awareness Course.

How likely is this to be the outcome (does the individual officer have any influence etc)? I'm quite attached to my licence so definitely don't want a ban (my own fault if it happens though) :sad:

#2 RBM

RBM

UKPOLICEONLINE Full Member

• Resident Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

your just in the speed for a fixed penalty, but the police are desperate for money, which they get from a course, but dont from an FPN, so id bet my last quid on a course being offered. In the unlikely event of it going to court, 4/5 points and a fine about equal to your weekly take home pay would be the prob result

#3 scousejon

scousejon

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Senior Resident Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

yep, what he said. You are not getting banned based on what you have said.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: speeding, fine, court, course, awareness

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users