•  

Photo
- - - - -

Hey! First time posting, currently applying for Lothian and Borders!

Hello application advice help Lothian and Borders

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 andyace

andyace

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

I really just wanted to say hello to everyone first of all :)

I just started my application for Lothian and Borders on the 1st so I'm currently working on the 4 questions that are asked at this stage. I was just wondering if anyone who has been through the application process (particularly for L&B) could give me any useful advice or insight. The part I am most worried about is the first interview as I have read that the questions that are asked can be quite extensive.

Thank you!

Edited by Bart, 16 November 2012 - 07:50 PM.
Remove formatting to increase text size

#2 Mike Nash

Mike Nash

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Welcome.

I am currently up at tulliallan, in week 7. Loving it. Started my application this time last year ish, not a lot of advice I could actually give at this stage. Concentrate on the app form, answer the questions in a structured way and bear in mind you need to tick all the boxes.

As for the first interview, that is a long way off and you have a lot of other stuff to do before hand. How's your fitness?

Search these forums, lots of really great advice.

#3 J.A.

J.A.

UKPOLICEONLINE Full Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

As Mike says, trawl the L&B Forum, there are many threads on the same queries you have Andyace. One step at a time though, Application probably gets rid of a load of applicants. Do you have any HR friends or family that can proof read it for you? You dont need extravegant stories, just answer the questions. I have flunked so many competency based apps over the years by telling exciting war stories, yet found myself in a couple of the jobs alongside call centre workers, McDonalds workers etc.

The next two stages if you make it through he application are Standard entrance tests and fitness. You can buy Books and DVDs of the SET, you can get examples from the Lothian and Borders Website too. If you live in Edinburgh, test your fitness and do a lap and a half of the Inverleith Park near Police HQ. 1.5 miles in less than 11 minutes.

You'll find the answers to most of your queries on the site already.

@ Mike, bet you cant wait to get out mate!?

Edited by J.A., 16 November 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#4 Mike Nash

Mike Nash

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

3 more weeks to go.... Going mental.

#5 J.A.

J.A.

UKPOLICEONLINE Full Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

chomping at the bit then Mike. Good luck with your exams.

#6 audienceandaudio

audienceandaudio

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

I'll be applying for L&B soon; I've been able to since October 1st as I attended a Positive Action Recruitment Day at Fettes not too long ago, but I'm only two weeks back at work after having been off for four months. I've contacted recruitment so am hoping to submit my application mid-January.

#7 Tomp

Tomp

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Climbing, Swimming, and Rugby.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi andy. I just sent my application off yesterday, all the questions i've had about he process have been answered in the lothian and borders force specific area of the site. So have a look in there, tons of info from people who have been through the process.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hello, application, advice, help, Lothian and Borders

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users