Yorkypud

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Urgh...............Dunno.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Now then,

Has anyone else been offered a spot at Wylfa, course starting Feb 11th? I turned down a place on the last course for Sellafield and regretted it but now things look like working out for the best.

Anyone that works at/lives near Wylfa and can give me some advise on good areas to live, schools etc (2 kids 3 and 2.)

Cheers and good luck to anyone else who is waiting around.

#2 Daz6618

Daz6618

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hello Yorkpud,

I have been offered the same training date and location. I can't help with any good locations as I will be moving to the area from Somerset on my own. I've seen some places in Holyhead on Rightmove.just thought I'd say hello!

#3 Yorkypud

Yorkypud

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Alright Daz,

Yeah I've seen a few places on rightmove but it's hard to judge without visiting the place itself. We plan to go and have a look around at some point and i'll let you know how we get on.

I'm really looking forward to the training, though it will be hard to be waway from my wife and children. Do you know how long the training is? I've seen 14 and 17 weeks and not sure which is right?

Have you told your current employer yet? I spoke to mine last week, though I didn't hand in my notice as references/security check still to come back.

Stay in touch pal.

#4 Daz6618

Daz6618

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

I'm looking forward to the training too, I thought it was 14 weeks long.
I see on the CNC website we should get a relocation allowance.
I'm not sure if they give us a break after training to go visit the area to look for a place to live.
I've told my current employers only because they are my reference, probably hand my notice in 31st Dec (if all goes well) to give me a couple of weeks at home.
Will keep you updated
Cheers

#5 Yorkypud

Yorkypud

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Yeah we get a week off after the training then strait into it.

Cheers

#6 crazylegs

crazylegs

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Yorky - I questioned the vetting process vs. the need to request references from current employer. Just a heads up but HR said that it is not unknown for the vetting process to still be running whilst someone is actually in training - maybe worth enquiring into?

Puts me in a sticky situation since I have changed role recently and am within my probation period still!!

#7 Yorkypud

Yorkypud

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Aah, bit awkward but better coming from you than them mate, just say you applied for it before you got your new job and you probably won't go for it now you've got this new job anyway (total boll@cks of course)

Yeah I heard that about the vetting, let's hope ours is sorted long before as we've got a while yet!

Cheers Pal.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users