is it worth me applying?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kraxein

Kraxein

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Senior Resident Members
  • 599 posts
  • Interests:anything that requires physical activity, such as running, walking, climbing, martial arts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

i've been thinking of applying to the police for a while, and there's vacancies for Special constables in my area and i really want to apply, but i'm planning to go to uni and while this would look good on my cv, i have applied to three different uni's: John Moores, Manchester Metropolitan and Hull, and i don't want to apply and risk not being accepted into john moores and getting the job, any advice as i've wanted to join for a while

#2 Brum

Brum

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

I'd just recommend that you join a constabulary after you've been accepted into one of the three Universities. Your still well worth the investment if your involved for three years and are actively on duty.

#3 jacko6686

jacko6686

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• 1,801 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

Like brum said, get into uni, get settled, then look at the specials. They'll need specials in the future where ever you end up studying. Plus with the Windsor changes coming in you'll be in a great position should you decide to become a regular.

#4 Kraxein

Kraxein

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• 599 posts
  • Interests:anything that requires physical activity, such as running, walking, climbing, martial arts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

unfortunately if i recall, the deadline date for the recruitment is 29th march 2013, and i don't know when i'll hear from the Universities, the vacancy is in Mersey police, any advice, i'm going to try and speak to one of the recruiters through the website and see what they say.

#5 jacko6686

jacko6686

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• 1,801 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Well put a form in, and if the uni situation changes there's nothing wrong with withdrawing your application.

#6 Kraxein

Kraxein

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• 599 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

thank you, i've been waiting to apply for a while so i'll give it a shot!

#7 SAMMYD

SAMMYD

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• 2,145 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Mate do not panic, Merpol specials continually recruit. It will be extended :D

#8 Kraxein

Kraxein

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• 599 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

one last question. do you need a license to join, or is recommended at the least, cos i'm planning on applying for a provisional then going for lessons soon and just wanted the clarification

#9 jacko6686

jacko6686

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• 1,801 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

As a special, probably not. However some forces require it for their regular officers.

#10 Kraxein

Kraxein

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• 599 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

fair enough!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users