•  

Photo

Ever attended any mock assessment days to practice?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gonnabeareg!

Gonnabeareg!

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

As I am now training as a Special I thought it worth my while potentially looking at ending an event mocked up like a Police assessment centre. I know these kinds of events exist but wondered if anyone knew of any reputable ones that actual understand the recruiting model and do not charge and arm and a leg?

#2 OFFLINE   dacsurban

dacsurban

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

Normally people go on these if they have got through the paper sift of an application and have been invited to an assessment centre

The ESA are the people who run the police law and community qualification which you do as part of your police training and is required before you can apply for some forces so they are up to date on the recruitment process. (I did the couse so i could apply for Surrey)
They do the one day course to help you pass the assessment centre and is £150.

http://www.esa.uk.ne...23/Default.aspx

There are also DVD's available which teach you how to pass the different elements of the recruitment process and assessment.
They are called How 2 become and they different ones for police, fire etc, I found them really useful. (I successfully passed the recruitmnet process for a police officer)
Good luck

#3 OFFLINE   jacko6686

jacko6686

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• Senior Resident Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

I wouldn't go for the talking blues course, ONLY because they do focus more on the role plays, and from my experience, they don't do role plays for the specials assessments.

#4 OFFLINE   Gonnabeareg!

Gonnabeareg!

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

To clarify I'm already in the Specials, just working my way to attestation next year.

I was interested in attending such a day so I am fully prepared for any Reg intakes next year. £150 seems a little steep. If recruitment was done at short notice it would be hard pressed to book a date I'd imagine.

#5 OFFLINE   jacko6686

jacko6686

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

If it's for home office force I'd definitely recommend talking blues, I know 150 beer tokens is steep but it is worth it and it really does prepare you for the big day. Plus if the police is your dream what's 150 quid?

#6 OFFLINE   Gonnabeareg!

Gonnabeareg!

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

Yeh I will definitely do one, I'm just not sure about the timing but then if you wait until they start recruiting internally you might be pushing it.

#7 OFFLINE   jacko6686

jacko6686

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

For the application, buy the "definitive guide to the police recruitment process" and when you get a date for the assessment centre then book a course. Talking blues run them all the time so I wouldn't worry about missing out. Are you off for the BTP?

#8 OFFLINE   Gonnabeareg!

Gonnabeareg!

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

Nah I'm currently training as a Special in Leicestershire but just want to get the best heads up I possibly can as hopefully at some point next year they will run internal recruitment again.

#9 OFFLINE   jacko6686

jacko6686

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Have you asked someone in the know if they will take specials who haven't signed off as independent?

#10 OFFLINE   Gonnabeareg!

Gonnabeareg!

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

yes you can apply from any internal position, irrelevant of length of service or accreditation. They arn't doing this right now though but due to next year potentially.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users