• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bakes

Bakes

UKPoliceOnline Admin

• Admin
  • 6,257 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Chief constable took over force just five months ago but is now taking up job in Cyprus.Gloucestershire Constabulary Chief Constable Mick Matthews has announced he is resigning to take up a policing role in Cyprus, after just five months leading the force.

CC Matthews became temporary chief constable in June after his predecessor, Tony Melville, resigned, citing concerns over the government’s reforms.

CC Matthews was given an 18-month contract when he took up the post. He said he had wanted to speak to the force’s Police and Crime Commissioner, due to be elected today, before announcing his departure.

But he said “circumstances out of my control” had forced him to make the announcement earlier than planned.

In a statement, CC Matthews said: “I can confirm that I will be departing from my current temporary post as Chief Constable of Gloucestershire Constabulary in early 2013. I will however be remaining in policing and will be taking over an international policing role in Cyprus.

“I feel privileged to have led the constabulary during this short period of time. The next chief constable will inherit an excellent team of people across the force.”

Click here to view the article

#2 Bakes

Bakes

UKPoliceOnline Admin

• Admin
  • 6,257 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Is this a case of a senior officer leaving as he can see the writing on the wall for the police service?

#3 Dizzydee

Dizzydee

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Resident Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Looks like it.

I'm glad we don't have these PCCs' in Scotland!

#4 gerardthebutler

gerardthebutler

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Can't blame the bloke for looking for pastures new but isn't an 18 month contract just that ?

(Is it just me or does he look a tad uglier than Trevor Eve ?)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users