• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 kenworthy

kenworthy

UKPoliceOnline Legend

• UKPoliceOnline Reporter
  • 18,365 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

A review of single crewing risk management arrangements is needed after an officer was pummelled up to 30 times with his own CS spray canister, the Fed has said.

http://policeoracle....wing_58044.html

Ongoing, but still dangerous. As proved here!

#2 SimonT

SimonT

UKPoliceOnline Staff

• Moderators
  • 7,280 posts
  • Interests:police, climbing

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

I hate single crewing, its dangerous, boring and a waste of a resource.
A double crewed unit can plough though work far faster than a single crewed unit, they can confront more dangerous situations in safety for the officers and suspects as well.
The barmy idea my the management that there needs to be more cars out and about for visibility is stupid beyond words. Why not just mark every public service vehicle as police, there you go, completely pointless job done.

#3 Traffic Rat

Traffic Rat

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Senior Resident Members
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

I will put my head up and say that whilst there is always a need for Double crewing (Towns/cites Fri/sat nights etc) I am probably one of a very small group that actually like working single crewed and I actually find I'm more productive, but that said my role is not going to every domestic,pub fight etc (Though I've done many,many years of doing just that)

#4 SimonT

SimonT

UKPoliceOnline Staff

• Moderators
  • 7,280 posts
  • Interests:police, climbing

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

I can get on board with traffic officer, dog units and neighbourhood officers being single crewed. That does make sense.
However as a response officer going from house 2 house to 20 people fighting to a violent domestic having 2 officers is better in pretty much every way.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users