72 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   mcfadyencr

mcfadyencr

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

There is plenty of parking in the streets heading towards the beach or along the beach esplanade which is only a 10-15 minute walk, maximum. Although it rained like hell for me during that walk.

Thats great. Cheers for that! I take it that it's pay and display?

#52 OFFLINE   EXRAF

EXRAF

UKPOLICEONLINE Associate Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

No it's free, unless Aberdeen are playing at home mid week, then you cannot park there.

#53 OFFLINE   mcfadyencr

mcfadyencr

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

No it's free, unless Aberdeen are playing at home mid week, then you cannot park there.

What do you take in with you first thing Monday morning? Im staying at Nelson Street but dont want to take everything in first thing! I'm taking my car so was just going to leave the rest in it untill the end of the day. Whats the best thing to do?

#54 OFFLINE   mkr83

mkr83

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

What do you take in with you first thing Monday morning? Im staying at Nelson Street but dont want to take everything in first thing! I'm taking my car so was just going to leave the rest in it untill the end of the day. Whats the best thing to do?

I'm starting at Fife but really interested to hear what folk say as I have the exact same question.

#55 OFFLINE   EXRAF

EXRAF

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

I just took my paperwork in with me. You will get your kit during your first day (unless you already have it).

#56 OFFLINE   famguy

famguy

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

I'm just taking my stuff with me to Nelson Street as I'm getting the train up and I will have nowhere to put my bag! Won't be able to leave it at the hotel either. Not big deal. Just hope we get sorted with rooms before we start the day off.

#57 OFFLINE   mcfadyencr

mcfadyencr

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

I just took my paperwork in with me. You will get your kit during your first day (unless you already have it).

Great. Thanks for that. I take it we wear suit on the first day aye?

#58 OFFLINE   mcfadyencr

mcfadyencr

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

I'm just taking my stuff with me to Nelson Street as I'm getting the train up and I will have nowhere to put my bag! Won't be able to leave it at the hotel either. Not big deal. Just hope we get sorted with rooms before we start the day off.

Was thinking of doing the same but might just leave the kit in the car. I take it we wear formal clothing tomorrow ie. suit?

#59 OFFLINE   scottiedog007

scottiedog007

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

For myself starting with Strathclyde we were told to wear Business suits and must be a white shirt (photo for warrant card)

#60 OFFLINE   Gjabaggio

Gjabaggio

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

For myself starting with Strathclyde we were told to wear Business suits and must be a white shirt (photo for warrant card)

The white shirts are just for uniformity so everyone looks the same, you get given a police wiccan top to wear for the warrant card photo.

#61 OFFLINE   famguy

famguy

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

My bag is packed and it looks like I'm going away for about 6 months. On top of my 2 pairs of trainers, boots, shoes, clothes, suit, paperwork, toiletries etc I'm needing nothing short of a miracle to carry this bag and its a BIG bag. On another note at least it's D-Day tomorrow and we can get stuck in. I'm glad I'm not taking the car up as parking is a nightmare but on another note I don't want to be only one turning up with a bag that resembles me going out of the country for 6 months.

#62 OFFLINE   rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Good luck everyone! Hope it's everything you'd hoped it would be! I'll be following in February, roll on 6 weeks time! You know the way we've to take two pairs of trainers...for the indoor ones is anyone taking an old pair of outdoor trainers, cleaned up, or do they have to be trainers with non-marking soles?

#63 OFFLINE   jenniferm

jenniferm

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

i know what you mean about the bag situation @ famguy!! Im staying with a friend this week but not really sure all of what we actually need to take with us tomorrow?! @ rox1987 My indoor trainers are oldies cleaned up! Hope they are ok too :)

#64 OFFLINE   famguy

famguy

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

i know what you mean about the bag situation @ famguy!! Im staying with a friend this week but not really sure all of what we actually need to take with us tomorrow?! @ rox1987 My indoor trainers
are oldies cleaned up! Hope they are ok too :)

I'm staying at police station or they are providing digs for some of us I believe. I sent the form away but never heard anything back so I hope we have accommodation haha! I'm currently holed up in hotel at the moment. Nelson street isn't too far away which is a bonus! Still don't know wether to take my bag down in morning or not! I wish I was staying with a friend this week! That is do handy! Staying at station I imagine is going to feel a bit weird.

Edited by famguy, 06 January 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#65 OFFLINE   famguy

famguy

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

So**

#66 OFFLINE   Samba19721

Samba19721

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

It's strange that some of you weren't told what to take or even wear by the sounds of it. I'm joining with Strathclyde and was given pretty clear instructions on what to wear and bring etc. We start on Wednesday and accommodation is provided if needed as well.

Good luck to everyone starting this week and see you all at Tulliallan a week tomorrow.

#67 OFFLINE   mkr83

mkr83

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

That's me all organised for tomorrow too. Busy week ahead getting ready for Tulliallan next week. See you all there.

#68 OFFLINE   Samba19721

Samba19721

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

How come some forces have a weeks induction and some only three days?

#69 OFFLINE   mkr83

mkr83

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

How come some forces have a weeks induction and some only three days?

Pass?...

#70 OFFLINE   EXRAF

EXRAF

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

How was your first day then?  I saw your kit bags at Nelson Street yesterday when we were on our way back to Tully.

#71 OFFLINE   mkr83

mkr83

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

First day at Fife Constabulary was really good. Never stopped and spent the evening ironing and polishing. Good times. :D

#72 OFFLINE   famguy

famguy

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

First day was fine. Roll on tulliallan

#73 OFFLINE   rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Hey, could any of you Grampian people tell me how long your swearing in ceremony lasted?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tulliallan, january, grampian, 2013

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users