• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#61 famguy

famguy

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

My bag is packed and it looks like I'm going away for about 6 months. On top of my 2 pairs of trainers, boots, shoes, clothes, suit, paperwork, toiletries etc I'm needing nothing short of a miracle to carry this bag and its a BIG bag. On another note at least it's D-Day tomorrow and we can get stuck in. I'm glad I'm not taking the car up as parking is a nightmare but on another note I don't want to be only one turning up with a bag that resembles me going out of the country for 6 months.

#62 rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Good luck everyone! Hope it's everything you'd hoped it would be! I'll be following in February, roll on 6 weeks time! You know the way we've to take two pairs of trainers...for the indoor ones is anyone taking an old pair of outdoor trainers, cleaned up, or do they have to be trainers with non-marking soles?

#63 jenniferm

jenniferm

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

i know what you mean about the bag situation @ famguy!! Im staying with a friend this week but not really sure all of what we actually need to take with us tomorrow?! @ rox1987 My indoor trainers are oldies cleaned up! Hope they are ok too :)

#64 famguy

famguy

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

i know what you mean about the bag situation @ famguy!! Im staying with a friend this week but not really sure all of what we actually need to take with us tomorrow?! @ rox1987 My indoor trainers
are oldies cleaned up! Hope they are ok too :)

I'm staying at police station or they are providing digs for some of us I believe. I sent the form away but never heard anything back so I hope we have accommodation haha! I'm currently holed up in hotel at the moment. Nelson street isn't too far away which is a bonus! Still don't know wether to take my bag down in morning or not! I wish I was staying with a friend this week! That is do handy! Staying at station I imagine is going to feel a bit weird.

Edited by famguy, 06 January 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#65 famguy

famguy

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

So**

#66 Samba19721

Samba19721

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

It's strange that some of you weren't told what to take or even wear by the sounds of it. I'm joining with Strathclyde and was given pretty clear instructions on what to wear and bring etc. We start on Wednesday and accommodation is provided if needed as well.

Good luck to everyone starting this week and see you all at Tulliallan a week tomorrow.

#67 mkr83

mkr83

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

That's me all organised for tomorrow too. Busy week ahead getting ready for Tulliallan next week. See you all there.

#68 Samba19721

Samba19721

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

How come some forces have a weeks induction and some only three days?

#69 mkr83

mkr83

• Resident Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

How come some forces have a weeks induction and some only three days?

Pass?...

#70 EXRAF

EXRAF

UKPOLICEONLINE Associate Member

• Resident Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

How was your first day then?  I saw your kit bags at Nelson Street yesterday when we were on our way back to Tully.

#71 mkr83

mkr83

• Resident Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

First day at Fife Constabulary was really good. Never stopped and spent the evening ironing and polishing. Good times. :D

#72 famguy

famguy

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

First day was fine. Roll on tulliallan

#73 rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Hey, could any of you Grampian people tell me how long your swearing in ceremony lasted?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tulliallan, january, grampian, 2013

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users