• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 nutty1990

nutty1990

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

hey guys pretty new here well as the titles says its another vetting queastion, i was previously in the military and pretty sure they do a vetting there when applying which i passed. was wondering if anyone knew if they go through the same procedure or do they do a more detailed vetting? use probz already know the feeling of worry about vetting already and im in that position right now. im squeaky clean but how far back can they check with family because i hardly know anything about mine or even talk to them

#2 eightyeight

eightyeight

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Hi nutty, I was in the army and also worked in the army careers office for a bit. When joining the military there isn't any real vetting down about your criminal past. You only have to disclose certain convictions under the rehabilitation for offenders act 1974. I can't say for sure what the police check, but common sense would say they check your history matches what you put on the form you took to your initial fitness and your application. As for your family, unless your coming from a crime clan or you don't tell them on the application page about persons you have contact with that you know have been in trouble with the law then you've nothing to worry about.

I got a bit panicky during vetting thinking about all the show parades I got and I've got a half sister with a record but worrying just makes the wait feel longer. Chin up and good luck.

#3 Samba1972

Samba1972

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hi guys, another ex mil here. I'm starting in January, the vetting took nearly ten weeks for me in the end. There's no real time frame on it from what I can tell, some people find out quicker than others. It will depend on things like the size of your family and how long it takes to get references back etc.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, being ex military is definitely a benefit as for most of us that's the only job we ever did. Other people may have done a few jobs in civvy street meaning more work references to get.

#4 nutty1990

nutty1990

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

cheers lads put my mind at ease, il just need to hope for the best

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vetting

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users