• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 jodz123

jodz123

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Applied end of september got a eltter to say high volume of applicants and to bare with them and they will be in touch since them haveny heard anything

#2 eightyeight

eightyeight

• Resident Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Think everyone gets that letter when they are busy, which is usually always. It's just to confirm they did receive your application, and as it says, be patient. You'll hear from them in due course.

#3 jodz123

jodz123

• Resident Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

have you applied?

#4 eightyeight

eightyeight

• Resident Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

I'm at the vetting stage. Applied in June and waited 15 weeks until my fitness, but got this letter in between.

#5 dicksona1

dicksona1

• Resident Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

as long as your in before the 1st april !!:O

#6 pinkcoop88

pinkcoop88

UKPOLICEONLINE Full Member

• Resident Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

why?

#7 JMR27

JMR27

• Resident Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

That's when all forces merge. If you've not had your Interview it's something you really should read up on.

#8 pinkcoop88

pinkcoop88

• Resident Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

erm no i am aware that all the forces merge then, im wondering why that person said you need to be in before the april 1st? it doesnt technically make a difference.

#9 JMR27

JMR27

• Resident Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

I'm assuming it may be because you will go into the pool for the Police Service of Scotland as opposed to Strathclyde???

#10 Gjabaggio

Gjabaggio

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

erm no i am aware that all the forces merge then, im wondering why that person said you need to be in before the april 1st? it doesnt technically make a difference.

If you join pre April 13 you are signed up to the t&c's of the current force and they carry over to police Scotland however if you join after April 13 then you are joining police Scotland's t&c's which will be different I.e the ability to post you anywhere in Scotland etc.

#11 pinkcoop88

pinkcoop88

• Resident Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

nope, you can choose which you abide by, ie you can choose to stay within strathclydes original boundary or you can choose to be posted anywhere in scotland. as you are applying to strathclyde not police scotland says so in my letter and on the strathclyde website.

#12 Gjabaggio

Gjabaggio

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Fair enough, we've been told only people in the job before April 13 would get a strathclyde contract, then everyone else after that gets a police Scotland contract because strathclyde and the other forces no longer exist. But hey it wouldn't be the first time we've been given duff info on reform

#13 JMR27

JMR27

• Resident Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

I was under the same impression as you. I think they said they couldn't guarantee that you wouldn't be placed out with the force you applied for.

#14 pinkcoop88

pinkcoop88

• Resident Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

yeah the info is on strathclyde website under a FAQ on police scotland. the problem is no one knows much as to what is going to change come april 1st.

#15 dr_bogenbroom

dr_bogenbroom

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Power User
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

I think it would be safe to assume we don't know what will happen till it does! But I wouldn't have thought if you'd originally applied to Strathclyde you would end up in Wick!

#16 SAV83

SAV83

UKPOLICEONLINE Associate Member

• Resident Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

So far it lookinging like each of the current forces will become regions however D&G will be sucked into Strathclyde loosing Dumfries at somepoint. And possible sheding argyl to northen command. Snippets of info passed so far. As said before, we'll see it when it happens.

#17 Velo

Velo

UKPOLICEONLINE Associate Member

• Resident Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

The existing forces won't become regions. There will be a north, East and West region. Divisions within the new force are being created along existing council boundaries, although north and south Lanarkshire will be one force.

From memory I think there are 12 divisions. In Strathclyde all that's been confirmed so far is the merging of a, b and g into the Glasgow division and n and q into Lanarkshire.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users