• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 paul777

paul777

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hope it is Ok to post here just to get some info.

My gf got a knock on the door from the police over the weekend. I have a bench warrant for not showing up in court - stupid I know but had some family problems and just couldn't face it. Anyway just want to get it sorted out now and not have the police calling again.

I assume it would look better if I just went to the station and handed myself in than being arrested? What will happen at the station if I do this?

The bench warrant is for a London court - I am up north. Will I be going to court up here or have to go down to court in London?

Will I need to bring cash with me - am thinking they might want this for bail because of not turning up last time?

I know this is my own fault and like I said just want to get it sorted out - any info or advice would be a real help.

#2 Traffic Rat

Traffic Rat

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Senior Resident Members
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Contact the court in London TODAY. If you are arrested by your local force and its a No bail warrant, dependent on the time of day you could be held overnight and transported down to London the following day, and if granted bail released from that court to make your own way back home up North.

Find out from the Court if its a bail or No bail warrant - Bail Warrants in my force can be done on the doorstep (if The officer has the right forms with him) This doesnt say another force may deal with them differently.

#3 scousejon

scousejon

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Senior Resident Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

If you dont want the door getting put through. take a few quid with you and habd yourself in at your local police station asap.

Alternativly make your own way down to londan and hand yourself in there.

#4 paul777

paul777

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Thanks - going to get things sorted tomorrow. Was going to go down tonight but don't want to spend the night in the cells.

Court in London wouldn't give me the info over the phone.

Thinking about going down to London myself like you said - would be better than going down in a police van or whatever. Could I just turn up at the court where I was supposed to be or do I still have to go to a station down there? Does it take long for them to do what they have to do before going to court?

#5 Gjabaggio

Gjabaggio

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Thanks - going to get things sorted tomorrow. Was going to go down tonight but don't want to spend the night in the cells.

Court in London wouldn't give me the info over the phone.

Thinking about going down to London myself like you said - would be better than going down in a police van or whatever. Could I just turn up at the court where I was supposed to be or do I still have to go to a station down there? Does it take long for them to do what they have to do before going to court?

If you had handed yourself in today you probably would have spent a night in the cells and then court tomorrow, since your leaving it till tomorrow now you will have missed the opportunity to appear a court tomorrow and will be held in custody tomorrow night for court the following day, either way your probably going to spend some time in a cell before appearing at court

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users