• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dr_bogenbroom

dr_bogenbroom

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Power User
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hey guys! Well had my final interview today and glad to say I passed! All my prep has paid off - just want to thank everyone for there help!

Looks like I won't be starting till after 1st April but not to fussed :-)

#2 OFFLINE   Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

Woo!! I'm so pleased. Massive congrats. What an amazing feeling it is ay?

#3 OFFLINE   dr_bogenbroom

dr_bogenbroom

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Power User
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Definately! Such a relief - was told I gave a good interview so I'm happy the hard work paid off :-)

Have you been for the medical?

#4 OFFLINE   G*unit

G*unit

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Congratulations Mate well done.

#5 OFFLINE   dr_bogenbroom

dr_bogenbroom

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Power User
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Thanks - nearly there! When did you apply?

#6 OFFLINE   Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, I passed my medical a week ago today. Still not heard from L&B yet though but the Dr there told me he was happy. Uniform fitting next! :) When's your medical? Also, reading all the strathclyde posts shows how much smalled L&Bs intake is with people who are just passing their FPI now are getting into the January intake. So lucky!! I will keep my fingers crossed your starting in Feb too! And well done again feels like an age ago we were both chatting and sharing tips so nervous and now it's done!

#7 OFFLINE   J.A.

J.A.

UKPOLICEONLINE Full Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

Well chuffed for you Lauren and DrB, nice to see you making it through. April isnt that far off DrB, unless you a special already you'll enjoy the uniform fit. Bit sureal seeing your self in the mirror in a coppers uniform for the first time, mixture of pride that you've made it to that stage and a sudden sense of the responsibility you've taken on.

Congrats.

#8 OFFLINE   pauldewar

pauldewar

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Hi there, well done on passing your final interview and all the best for the future. I recently found out I passed the assessment centre stage and wondered if anyone has advice for preparing for the final panel interview. I know to prepare for competency based questions and also to know L&B inside out. Do I also need to prepare for scenario type questions i.e. 'How would you respond to x,y,z situation?'. Thanks for any input.

#9 OFFLINE   dr_bogenbroom

dr_bogenbroom

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Power User
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Thanks J.A. - such an amazing feeling to pass and hoping the medical is ok looking forward to having my uniform fitting!

Pauldewar - I didn't get asked an scenario questions but it doesn't mean they couldn't! Well done on passing the A/C.

#10 OFFLINE   Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Thanks J.A. Got my uniform fitting a week today. Hoping to get a sly wee photo before I have to hand it back. Can't wait.

Pauldewar, like DrB I never got asked any scenario type questions. However be prepared for everything. I'd also prepare for being asked for your opinion on some current affairs. Good luck.

#11 OFFLINE   dr_bogenbroom

dr_bogenbroom

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Power User
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

I'm sure the uniform fitting is an experience in itself - I haven't worn a uniform since Army cadets in 2001 lol

#12 OFFLINE   pauldewar

pauldewar

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Thanks for the input folks will take it on board.

#13 OFFLINE   G*unit

G*unit

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Passed vetting. Got my date for my FPI which is in a couple of weeks.

Any hints/tips/advice would be greatly appreciated. Nerves starting to kick in now i have my date.

Cheers

#14 OFFLINE   TheRunningMan999

TheRunningMan999

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Dr B, i've just passed my FPI on Monday and have my medical at the beginning of Feb, so I know how youre feeling mate.
Looks like i'll be at Tulliallan in April too, if all goes to plan. :)

#15 OFFLINE   dr_bogenbroom

dr_bogenbroom

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Power User
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Well done!

I don't think it's likely I'll be getting in - I'm now waiting on a desicion from recruitment but it doesn't look good, I'm just fed up with it all now.

Good luck for when you start mate.

Dr B.

#16 OFFLINE   TheRunningMan999

TheRunningMan999

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hopefully you will mate, stay positive. Ive got a health issue too, so may have the same problems. Until they say no, theres always a chance.
Hang in there :)

#17 OFFLINE   The Warrior Bee

The Warrior Bee

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

That's amazing, well done!

#18 OFFLINE   G*unit

G*unit

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Passed the panel interview today.

Absolutely buzzing...............

#19 OFFLINE   Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Well done and welcome to the club G*unit. All the best with the medical and final fitness!! Woo.

#20 OFFLINE   cmcglynn

cmcglynn

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hi

G*Unit congratulations on passing. I was just wondering if you had any tips and what kind of questions you got asked. I've got my FPI next week and want to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks

#21 OFFLINE   G*unit

G*unit

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Hi
G*Unit congratulations on passing. I was just wondering if you had any tips and what kind of questions you got asked. I've got my FPI next week and want to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks

Well done on getting to the FPI stage.

I took on board the feedback i received from the A/C and tightened up my competencies by using the star technique. I can't say what questions they will ask but u will have change ur answers slightly to fit the question so have 2 maybe 3 of each competency ready.

The panel are friendly and do settle u well. Use the water provided to take an extra few seconds to think ur answers through. If you have an opinion stick to it and have a reason or two justify it.

Finally, this is ur final opportunity to sell urself. Show ur passion & dedication and think why you want to be a Police officer and you will be fine. Also eye contact is important.

When reading for advice for the FPI i actually got irritated by people saying be urself and relax but looking back it really was sound advice.

Any other questions or advice don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

#22 OFFLINE   cmcglynn

cmcglynn

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hi

Thanks for your help G*Unit. Passed the FPI, panel were very nice and very considerate of nerves etc. All competency questions wasn't asked any force knowledge questions. Got my medical tomorrow, have you had yours yet? What do they ask you to do?

Thanks

#23 OFFLINE   paul crawford

paul crawford

UKPOLICEONLINE Associate Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

got mine in a couple weeks . also wotking on the feed back i was given. i was a complete bag of nerves just at the informal one so a tad parnoid about the final. how soon after the final interview is the medical roughly? and tgeres another fitness test before you go up to tulli ? how lng was that after the final ?

p.s excuse the spelling . typing on a very small tpuchscreen phone with big fingers isnt the best

#24 OFFLINE   cmcglynn

cmcglynn

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Hi Paul

I had my FPI on the Thursday of one week and my medical on the Tuesday of the next. The fitness test is approx 6 weeks before your start date. I think you also have one in your first week of appointment as well at HQ. There is no definate time frame for any of the stages though.

Try not to worry too much about nerves (I know thats easier said than done) the panel were very welcoming and as they said there are no trick questions.

Good Luck

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users