• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kenworthy

kenworthy

• Senior Resident Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,397 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

THREE murder investigations and the death of a pensioner after an arson attack have left North Wales detectives struggling to cope.

Chief constable Mark Polin told the final ever meeting of the police authority that the “detective pot” was close to empty as the region has been rocked by a raft of serious cases over the last month.

http://www.dailypost...55578-32273791/

Great to see the Police highlighting the impact of the cuts on the Force!

#2 OFFLINE   jacko6686

jacko6686

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Sadly I feel like it's going to take a catastrophy or a spate of serious crimes to really drive the message home to the government. 20% is too deep.

#3 OFFLINE   Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin

UKPOLICEONLINE Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Sadly I feel like it's going to take a catastrophy or a spate of serious crimes to really drive the message home to the government. 20% is too deep.

Even more sadly, personally I don't believe even that will make much difference.

'Freak occurrence' currently seems to be the buzz word/phrase amongst our head shed when addressing why we have been stretched well beyond breaking point in terms of sheer call volume in relation to staffing levels on duty. ('Service failure' it also gets referred to as, and somehow always in a way that comes across as it being the fault of us PC's that we haven't attended xyz emergency in time during our shift)

Thing is though, we seem to be hearing this term increasingly often. So how common does a 'freak' occurrence have to be, before it ceases being freak and is actually recognised for what it is . No one seems to know the answer.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users