• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Moxnil

Moxnil

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

behind why I feel like I'm going to puke up my gut right now? Is being sick my bodies way of expelling the toxins in booze?

#2 gerardthebutler

gerardthebutler

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

That would depend on what you drunk and when. Barfin empties the stomach, no the bloodstream :smile:

#3 Moxnil

Moxnil

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

That would depend on what you drunk and when. Barfin empties the stomach, no the bloodstream :smile:

About ten double vodkas in a short period of time. So what's the scientific reason why I feel sick?

Edited by Moxnil, 29 November 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#4 cheesedoff

cheesedoff

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Senior Resident Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

It's nothing more scientific than your body wanting to get rid of things that make it not work. Like the chemicals the goverment put in the water supply in order to control your mind !!!!!

#5 Moxnil

Moxnil

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I'm dealing with it with like a gazillion cups of tea, but what's the theory behind the "hair of the dog" solution?

Edited by Moxnil, 29 November 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#6 snafu

snafu

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• 1,808 posts
  • Interests:Member of the Kenworthy Baiting Society

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

As said above puking is just the bodies way of getting rid of things that it thinks are doing it harm.

I saw a program on it once and they did things like ask people to eat cockroaches that were perfectly sterile and a some stuff that had the colour and consistency of puss, also totally harmless. Both made the subject vomit even though they knew perfectly well that they were totally safe. indeed it also explained why we want to puke when we have no intention of eating or drinking something. For example the sight of a dead body is associated in our mind with disease, hence why there is a propensity to puke. Same applies to dirty nappies, other peoples vomit, putrid smells etc. etc.

As for hair of the dog then not sure this works so good when you are puking, unless your brain thinks well if you are that stupid then I give up lol, but where you have a thick head and dehydration which is most hangovers then alcohol does what it always does...makes you feel better in the short term!

#7 Moxnil

Moxnil

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

As said above puking is just the bodies way of getting rid of things that it thinks are doing it harm.

I saw a program on it once and they did things like ask people to eat cockroaches that were perfectly sterile and a some stuff that had the colour and consistency of puss, also totally harmless. Both made the subject vomit even though they knew perfectly well that they were totally safe. indeed it also explained why we want to puke when we have no intention of eating or drinking something. For example the sight of a dead body is associated in our mind with disease, hence why there is a propensity to puke. Same applies to dirty nappies, other peoples vomit, putrid smells etc. etc.

As for hair of the dog then not sure this works so good when you are puking, unless your brain thinks well if you are that stupid then I give up lol, but where you have a thick head and dehydration which is most hangovers then alcohol does what it always does...makes you feel better in the short term!

So could I feasibly drink the same amount but make sure to intake a massive amount of water after I stop drinking and go to bed, so that I remain hydrated throughout?

#8 Bart

Bart

UKPoliceOnline Supreme Poster

• Banned
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

I don't know any cure only that you're a lightweight who can't handle your booze! :lol:

#9 snafu

snafu

UKPOLICEONLINE Trooper

• 1,808 posts
  • Interests:Member of the Kenworthy Baiting Society

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

So could I feasibly drink the same amount but make sure to intake a massive amount of water after I stop drinking and go to bed, so that I remain hydrated throughout?

Well irritation of the digestive system by alcohol and the bodies reaction to eject it by vomiting is I believe different to other symptoms of good night out!

I am not sure you could always replace all the water that is lost due to drinking (how you can drink pint upon pint and still be dehydrated is something I guess nature is still working on :whistling: ) but I have for many years when been drinking large amounts, always drunk at least a pint of water before turning in. I find it does not get rid of it completely but it does temper things a lot :biggrin:

Mind this is just my view. I am not medically trained and as a good govt employee would advise you to drink in moderation and never exceed your units of alcohol obviously :innocent: :drinking:

#10 Moxnil

Moxnil

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Thanks but i love drinking more than is healthy lol

#11 Moxnil

Moxnil

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Right hair of the dog it is. Litre of vodka. Bottle of coke. Glass. Check check and check. But this time I have laid out a litre of water laid on my bedside for when I get home and need to rehydrate. Will update you on Mox's Scientific Experiment (Yes it's science testing, I'm not doing this for the fun of it :D) later.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users