• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 kenworthy

kenworthy

• Senior Resident Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,397 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

New York Good Cop's Boots Gift Is Web HitThe moment a police officer buys a barefooted homeless man a pair of boots is captured on camera and becomes an internet hit.
2:14pm UK, Thursday 29 November 2012 <p> Posted Image
The image was posted on the NYPD's Facebook page

On a cold night in early November a New York policeman came across a homeless man with nothing on his feet - and bought him a pair of boots.
The moment of kindness would have gone quietly unnoticed had it not been snapped by a passing tourist who then posted the photograph to the NYPD's Facebook page.
It has since been viewed almost two million times and attracted more than 20,000 comments.
The hero officer was later named as Lawrence DePrimo, who told the New York Times: "It was freezing out and you could see the blisters on the man's feet. I had two pairs of socks and I was still cold."
He found out the unidentified man's shoe size, went into a nearby store and emerged moments later with a pair of all-weather boots worth $100 (£62). The store gave him a discount of $25 (£15).
The officer helped the man put the boots on and watched him go on his way.
Mr DePrimo has kept the receipt in his jacket since then "to remind me that sometimes people have it worse".
The photograph was taken by Jennifer Foster, who works in an Arizona sheriff's office.
"I have been in law enforcement for 17 years. I was never so impressed in my life," she wrote on the social networking page.
"It is important, I think, for all of us to remember the real reason we are in this line of work."

Great Officer out there, highly impressive.

BTW I need new TV :)

Click here to view the article

Edited by kenworthy, 03 December 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#2 gripper

gripper

UKPOLICEONLINE Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Monkey hanging!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Nice one.

#3 meditate

meditate

UKPOLICEONLINE Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

What I like about this story is that a) he never expected any coverage or recognition b) it was a significant amount of money to donate on the spur of the moment c) it shows the humanity of ordinary citizens d) It shows NYPD have some spectacular officers

#4 meditate

meditate

UKPOLICEONLINE Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Update, the guy is still wandering the streets shoeless out of choice though it does not diminish the action of generosity of the officer http://www.guardian....-nypd-cop-boots

#5 Kraxein

Kraxein

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Interests:anything that requires physical activity, such as running, walking, climbing, martial arts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Update, the guy is still wandering the streets shoeless out of choice though it does not diminish the action of generosity of the officer http://www.guardian....-nypd-cop-boots

probably weren't his style :) i'll agree it was a lovely act of kindness :)

#6 gripper

gripper

UKPOLICEONLINE Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Monkey hanging!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Second hand boots for sale, hardly worn, any takers!.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users