#1 OFFLINE   GarryBacon

GarryBacon

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hello,

I do apologise if I have posted this in the incorrect forum, it would not let me post a topic in the 'Equipment' one. Please feel free to move this to the appropriate forum section.

I start as Call Handler on the 7th of January and I am in need of boots/ shoes for this. I am sure they would go into detail of what is appropriate on my first day when I get my uniform but after reading the force policy on footwear it's understood we can wear shoes or boots that are black basically and we clearly buy them ourselves. I have fairly small feet (size 5!) and I struggle to find appropriate footwear, therefore I would want to get these ideally before starting. I was just wondering what sort the majority of call handlers wear (male). I don't want to go in and wearing the top of the range patrol boots for simply sitting at a desk! However I think I like the look of boots over shoes.

Any comments would be massively appreciated and considering its only 9 days until I start I thought I better ask people in the know, hopefully you can help.

Thanks very much,

Garry.

#2 OFFLINE   dolly1966

dolly1966

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Senior Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy walking my dogs, meeting up with friends, travelling and dining out.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Hi Gary

Good luck with starting your new job on the 7th Jan.

Have you tried looking in Next or Marks and spencers for a nice leather boot.  Doc Martin boots would be ok i am sure, they are leather and will last you for years,

Please let me know how you get on.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

#3 OFFLINE   GarryBacon

GarryBacon

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Hi Gary

Good luck with starting your new job on the 7th Jan.

Have you tried looking in Next or Marks and spencers for a nice leather boot.  Doc Martin boots would be ok i am sure, they are leather and will last you for years,

Please let me know how you get on.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

Thank you very much for replying!

I haven't tried anywhere yet but I am going on a hunt today so whatnstylemof spboot would you recommend? See I have had a browse on the internet yesterday and was still unsure. I would need to go into a shop to get a pair any way buy just concerning what style. Hope it's not too cheeky asking you for a link to the sort of style you mean is it?

This is probably the most pathictic question but until I start these are the sort of things that our 'worrying' me. It's just I want to make a good first impression, not only to the people who will be teaching me but the other people I would be learning with.

I mean is something like this overkill?

http://policeinforma...om/command.html (Magnum Command Boot).

Thanks again!

Garry.

#4 OFFLINE   dolly1966

dolly1966

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy walking my dogs, meeting up with friends, travelling and dining out.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hi again

No do not be silly its not overkill, you just want to look good on your first day.

A lace up boot would be nice, but honestly dont worry yourself too much you will choose the right one and you will feel good about it.

Good luck.

Please let me know what you decide.

Happy shoppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing LOL

xxxxxxxxxxx

#5 OFFLINE   Narpo

Narpo

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Interests:Archaeology, history. reading, scuba diving, bushcraft/camping, etc, etc.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

You do not need boots to answer the phone. Pop into Clarkes or another shoe shop and get yourself a pair of comfy shoes.

#6 OFFLINE   gripper

gripper

UKPOLICEONLINE Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • Interests:Monkey hanging!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

You won't need boots in an office. Slip on shoes would be my choice, no one is going to see them.

#7 OFFLINE   GarryBacon

GarryBacon

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hi again

No do not be silly its not overkill, you just want to look good on your first day.

A lace up boot would be nice, but honestly dont worry yourself too much you will choose the right one and you will feel good about it.

Good luck.

Please let me know what you decide.

Happy shoppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing LOL

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I went into Marks and Spencer's just to have a look and saw nothing that really suited me or looked incredibly smart. I also visited a few different places and realised the same. So I went into a shop that sold Boots and tried a few on to get an idea of what size I needed and the best kind. After finding my size I needed I went back online and had a look through some on the Patrol Store.

Yeah I don't need boots but I think they look the best and if any SC jobs arise then they will come in handy for that too! Was speaking to a SC and he said he used to wear Magnums in the control room as well as other people so that ticked the box for me. So I just ordered those Magnum Command ones and paid £33! What a bargain!

Thanks for your help!

Garry.

#8 OFFLINE   stewie_griffin

stewie_griffin

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Crocs.

#9 OFFLINE   dolly1966

dolly1966

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Glad you got your shoes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equipment, Footwear, Shoes, Staff, Call Handler, Boots

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users