dacsurban

New Recruit Starting Salary

Does anyone actually know for a fact when the new lower salary for new recruits starts?

what is the actual date that it comes into effect or is it not known yet?

Also does it affect all forces as even now some forces pay more than others e.g Surrey are higher than Cornwall.

As I understand it, this still has to be ratified by the Home Secretary, therefore she might reject it. Pigs might also fly. But as of yet, this hasn't come in and although it's inevitable, no date is set.

All forces adhere to the national pay scale, so there is no force which pays differently to another - though some forces in the South East, eg Surrey, have a regional allowance which relates to the cost of living but is separate to the national pay scales.

Edited by morek54

Does anyone actually know for a fact when the new lower salary for new recruits starts?

what is the actual date that it comes into effect or is it not known yet?

Also does it affect all forces as even now some forces pay more than others e.g Surrey are higher than Cornwall.

Like you, I am interested to find out for sure. I have heard it's may time, but I am under the assumption that the pay change is still being discussed so i don't even think a date has been set. It may not even happen.. so I'm slightly confused by it all and just like you I am interested to here some facts :)

Regards.

Edited by derby.cop

I would like to know too , but nobody can answer. Ive just found out ive cleared the vetting and my medial is on Wednesday.I've been given a start date of march of may and would love to know how much the salary will be !

I would like to know too , but nobody can answer. Ive just found out ive cleared the vetting and my medial is on Wednesday.I've been given a start date of march of may and would love to know how much the salary will be !

Congratulations on passing the nerve racking vetting stage, I hope you pass the medical!:)

If the pay does change then you will be starting on £19000 which will rise to around £36500 after about 7 years. If you were previously a speical or pcso then you will start on £21000 which will rise to around £36500 after about 7 years.

Don't take my word on it as nothing has been confirmed but please note that i have taken this information from tom winsors proposals.

Once again, good luck!:)

Regards.