414 replies to this topic

#401 OFFLINE   goth

goth

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

I am in the same situation - had a letter saying I will be contacted in the next financial year to be attached to a cohort. More waiting as usual!

I don't want to put a downer on things but I have been in this situation before with Notts only to find recruitment on hold and then suspended completely without applications being kept on file! I am therefore a little concerned in case the next financial year comes along and they decide they can't afford any new recruits!!!

I need to work on my positive thinking as you can see  :wink:

#402 OFFLINE   GotTheBlues

GotTheBlues

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Former Special Constable

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

I am in the same situation - had a letter saying I will be contacted in the next financial year to be attached to a cohort. More waiting as usual!

I don't want to put a downer on things but I have been in this situation before with Notts only to find recruitment on hold and then suspended completely without applications being kept on file! I am therefore a little concerned in case the next financial year comes along and they decide they can't afford any new recruits!!!

I need to work on my positive thinking as you can see  :wink:

My thoughts exactly, although if you check the Notts police website then it says the anticipate to recruit again in 2014 which can only be a good sign and with the council tax going up to pay for extra police officers i'm assuming the money for newbies is already in the bank, so to speak. Well I hope, at least.

Keep positive.

#403 OFFLINE   crazee12

crazee12

UKPOLICEONLINE Associate Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

i believe the PCC has based his appoitnment on  the fact he stated that he wants to recruit 150 officers each year for the next 3 years

#404 OFFLINE   GotTheBlues

GotTheBlues

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

Those of us that are still waiting for fitness, medical or a start date - have you heard anything yet? Iv'e ran out of nails to bite...

#405 OFFLINE   goth

goth

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

I haven't heard a peep! Still waiting, but trying to be more positive - have decided to change jobs this year whatever happens (but really hoping this comes off!). I'm trying to make myself wait at least a month before I ring and pester HR again but I may well crack before then!

#406 OFFLINE   GotTheBlues

GotTheBlues

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

Well I phoned HR last week. They basically said "we're still arranging training dates which takes a while. You will be contacted once you have been allocated a cohort." So nothing new really.

Im not the impatient type but this is testing me for sure and positivity is difficult when you're left wondering. I just really hope - for all our sakes - they dont pull the plug.

Speak again next month ;-)

#407 OFFLINE   goth

goth

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

Finally a development to report! I've had an update letter giving a start date next February!!!

Obviously it's great to have a start date but it's so far in the future I must admit I'm still concerned the plug could be pulled. The letter has the usual warnings in relation to funding etc.

Anybody else in the same boat? Sounds like there could be a fair few of us in the same situation with Notts.

#408 OFFLINE   GotTheBlues

GotTheBlues

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

Looks like it's just the two of us, on this forum at least...

#409 OFFLINE   member555

member555

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Is everybody who passed the interview and medical etc been delayed in being given a start date or have some peoiple actually started?

I failed at the interview stage last year and called HR earlier to check whether the force would be recruiting this year, she said yes but it would likely be towards the middle or end of the year with a view to start next summer. This seems a bit odd if everybody has been delayed this time around.

#410 OFFLINE   goth

goth

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

It looks as though it was down to the luck of the draw as to whether your application form was in an early batch for marking, in which case those that were successful have already started. Those of us whose applications were in later batches and were successful have been playing a waiting game. Despite passing assessment centres and interviews last year, we will be starting early 2015! Subject to the usual disclaimers about budgets and funding etc etc.

It is odd that HR are saying they are recruiting this year, but I'm hoping that's a good sign for those of us still waiting! At least it shows an operational demand for more police officers!

#411 OFFLINE   member555

member555

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

Any news people? A re you guys still progressing at all?

#412 OFFLINE   GotTheBlues

GotTheBlues

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

Is everybody who passed the interview and medical etc been delayed in being given a start date or have some peoiple actually started?

I failed at the interview stage last year and called HR earlier to check whether the force would be recruiting this year, she said yes but it would likely be towards the middle or end of the year with a view to start next summer. This seems a bit odd if everybody has been delayed this time around.

Some people started. they were in cohorts from September 2013 through to March 2014, if i am not mistaken. Us at the bottom of the sorting pile are to start Feb 2015. It was an awful stroke of ill-luck. I suppose from an practical/financial point of view, those of us who passed last year are best placed kept on file for next year rather than go through the whole process again. Though like Goth says, it gives those of us waiting more confidence that the cohorts will actually go ahead if they plan on further recruitment.

In terms of still progressing, no. Other than being allocated to a cohort there has been nothing else said. It is still 9 months away so best case scenario is they get medical, fitness and vetting arranged by October/November.

I've put it all to the back of mind to be honest. I've spent a lot of time going through the motions of it all, what with preparing the for AC and interview. What will be, will be.

Edited by GotTheBlues, 07 May 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#413 OFFLINE   Callmebally

Callmebally

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

Must admit I thought of you guys (and felt for you)when they opened recruitment up again for that 24 hour period a few weeks ago. I wondered why when they already had people waiting in the wings. Hope you get start dates soon.

#414 OFFLINE   GotTheBlues

GotTheBlues

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

Must admit I thought of you guys (and felt for you)when they opened recruitment up again for that 24 hour period a few weeks ago. I wondered why when they already had people waiting in the wings. Hope you get start dates soon.

Yeah that was odd. I could speculate but it would only create more uncertainty and doubt. We have our start dates - February 2015. It's just the letters say, numerous times, that it is subject to budgetry constraints.

#415 OFFLINE   GotTheBlues

GotTheBlues

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:53 AM

Finally... biometric, drug testing, medical and uniform fitting all booked in for the coming weeks. Training going ahead as planned :)

Edited by GotTheBlues, 16 October 2014 - 07:54 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users