#1 OFFLINE   rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Hey,

Thought I'd set up a topic for those of us going to Tulliallan in February.

I'm joining with Grampian, anyone else on here have a February start date for Grampian?

Rox.

#2 OFFLINE   gem82

gem82

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hey Rox,
I'm starting in Feb too with D&G..excited and nervous!!
Looks like a good site for tips on training

Gem

#3 OFFLINE   rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Yeah it is a good site, pretty much every question you could think of has been answered! Excited too but it hasn't sunk in yet. When do you start induction at D&G? The last intake from D&G seemed to start way in advance!

#4 OFFLINE   gem82

gem82

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Yeah it's not quite sunk in yet either for me. Wed 20th Feb I've to report to HQ what about you??Im thinking the next month is going to fly in super quick :-/

#5 OFFLINE   rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

18th Feb for me. Yeah, I've still got lots of kit to get, before I know it it'll be the day before and I'll have forgotten something! Do you know how picky they are about the plain black shorts?

#6 OFFLINE   gem82

gem82

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Yeah I have to mates from Uni one if which just finished her training before Christmas and it is plain white round neck tshirtst and knee length plain black shorts..NO logos even if embroidered in the same colour..there was a list on here too sonewhere..ill try find it and tell you the name if the thread..my best friends a serg with strathi so she is going to take me boot shopping at Jackton..although she wasn't sure if I would be allowed in or not so I might have to just give her my shoe size..I heard that Doc Martin shoes are good for the parade shoes we need to get and that you should try and have them bulled before going up to tulliallan..anything else I find out ill post on here and let you know :-)

#7 OFFLINE   Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hiya I'm starting with L&B on 19th of Feb. In my information about standards pack that L&B sent out to me it said that small discreet logos on the t shirts, shorts and socks were permitted. This may vary across the different forces though. I hope it's alright as my shorts have a wee logo on them it's so difficult getting completely plain black.

I have got Sterling and Hunt parade shoes one of my friends who is in the police has given me them to borrow. As for boots I got Altberg Peacekeepers they are really comfy and a few officers had recommended them. Im going to start wearing them to my current job on mon to break them in.

#8 OFFLINE   gem82

gem82

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Amazing!!have you got anymore friends size 6in shoe ;-) haha..my best mate is a 7 or I'd be borrowing hers!yeah good idea to break them in before hand eh..nothing worse than blisters to contend with!!

#9 OFFLINE   rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Dunno where I'm going to get a pair of shorts that fit that criteria! I had been wondering if my running shorts with bits of pink and blue on the sides would be plain enough! I got shoes from the Jackton website, not a good choice though as the leather is very dimpley and really hard to bull. As for boots, my friend gave me a pair of goliaths that she got issued and doesn't use anymore. They seem comfy enough, and they've only been worn enough to break them in!

#10 OFFLINE   gem82

gem82

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Cheers Rox I think I'm going to the Jackton shop at some point this week to get boots and shoes..I keep reading other threads on here and I'm getting all stressed out :-(
I don't think that even a wee but of colour is allowed but sports direct have loads of cheap plain gym stuff at the moment. It's supposed to be cold at tulliallan so I'm going to invest in black skins too even for under uniform..if allowed ofcourse.
:-)

#11 OFFLINE   Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Lol I will keep a look out for size 6s. Try not to worry about the shoes there is still plenty of time. Skins is a great idea. I'm wondering if it will be cold in our rooms might take some fleecey jammys up too :p haha. Rox I got shorts from sports direct, I have just gone on the website and realised its men's ones I have...I did wonder why they had a netted thing in them... http://www.sportsdir...rts-mens-453095 they only have a tiny logo but if worst comes to worst I will draw on it with a black marker...ahhh.

#12 OFFLINE   gem82

gem82

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Defo sportsdirect is ace..although I went to get new trainers over the weekend and they only had size 4&7 in ALL the trainers I wanted..anyway as far as plain P.E stuff goes and skins i hit the jackpot!
Laurenleo it's going to be pretty cold so fleeced P.J's sound like a winner :-)!!

#13 OFFLINE   rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Thanks Lauren! I looked at those ones too, will probably end up with the same ones.
I'm having a nightmare trying to find socks now, I don't like short little trainer socks because they always slip down, but all the rest are either super expensive or look like they would give me blisters! On my kit list it was recommended I get 10 pairs of sports socks, was that the same for you? I'm on eBay now, couldn't find any on sports direct.
Haha yeah fleecy pyjamas are the way to go!

#14 OFFLINE   Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

In my pack it says u aren't allowed wee trainer socks and it has to be ankle socks. I am so fussy with socks when im running I like the ones that are more padded on the sole. I got mine from decathlon. They were £3.99 for two pairs. I only bought two packs just now though. Again they have karmilor or something written on the back. It's actually a nightmare getting non branded stuff. We haven't got a very detailed kit list. I was only gonna take 5 pairs so better go and get some more. R u both taking big suitcases? The more i talk about it the more nervous im getting!!

#15 OFFLINE   rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

I've ordered short ankle socks now so hopefully they will be ok, I got 9 pairs in the end. Yeah there just isn't much non branded stuff around is there. I'm not sure what to put it all in. I'm keeping it in a holdall at the minute, but that's not very big so will need to put it in something else. I think when I have my induction they'll give our uniforms out in big holdalls, I'm hoping that will be big enough for everything. Yeah it's so close now as well! It's hard to know what to expect from it all!

#16 OFFLINE   Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

What else does it say to get on your kit list? I've bought hair nets and some hair glue stuff for the whispy bits lol. To be honest the kit we get pretty much fills that holdall. Where did u order your socks from as i am defo going to need more than four pairs lol. Thank.

#17 OFFLINE   rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

I got them from ebay in the end ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Running-Sports-Socks-Coolmax...

It says to have two pairs of trainers for indoors and outdoors, preferably white...my outdoor ones used to be white and blue but now they're just muddy and blue, hope they'll be ok!  And my indoor ones are just my old trainers.  Also lint rollers, 10 pairs of black socks for wear with uniform, notebooks, digital watch, plain white t shirts.

I'm not sure what I'll have to do with my hair, at the minute it's too long to leave it down but just a bit too short to tie up.  I'm hoping it will grow enough before we start or else I'll have to get it cut!  Where do you get hair glue from?  Sounds like it's just what I need!  Have you already got your uniform?  I can't wait to get my hands on mine.  Didn't get to see much of it in the mirror when I tried it on but it felt awesome!

#18 OFFLINE   Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Thanks for that I might get a few pairs of them incase I get a row for mine having writing on them. Thanks very much for letting me know ur list we haven't been issued anything like that. I just bought new trainers yday they r exactly the same as my old pair but just not muddy so will be in the same boat as u. I got the hair glue from superdrug its loreal and called studio indestructible extreme glue. I tried it and it makes ur hair solid so should do the trick.
I got a couple of photos in my uniform when i went for the fitting but no don't get it till our first day at Fettes. Im under the impression you wear a suit there every day and get changed at Hq incase u get ur self into any compromising positions with ur uniform on lol.

#19 OFFLINE   rox1987

rox1987

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

You're welcome. I don't understand why we don't all get the same list! Will definitely have to try the hair glue, thank you. Need to get a hair net too. Haha yeah wearing a suit in every day makes a lot of sense!

#20 OFFLINE   gem82

gem82

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'm stressing out after reading all that yiu guys have..plus the lists etc..I only found out I was in in Friday and got the letter in Saturday and have sent my acceptance back today recorded 1st class!!once they get that tomorrow then they said that I'd receive more stuff in the post..ie "the list" I think!?i feel unprepared because I don't ACTUALLY know what ill need..I only k iw from friends that are in the cops already..and well on here..I can't believe you've had your uniform done already..on the list does it say anything about swimming gear??

#21 OFFLINE   Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Oh no I'm sorry. Don't panic. L&B are different from Strathclyde I had my uniform fitting back in November so it's been done for ages and as for the list I haven't got one either just going on what my copper pals are advising. All I have bought is my boots, hairnets and glue stuff, two black shorts five white ts (4 of which are from asda, total bargain lol), white socks and a couple of new towels to take up and a new pair of trainers. Yeah it says to bring a swimsuit in my pack. We still have four weeks to go so plenty of time. Do either of you have time off before you start?

#22 OFFLINE   Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Oops sorry I just read ur first post I have just been assuming you were from strathclyde as most people seem to be!! I should never assume, first lesson learnt :-P

#23 OFFLINE   gem82

gem82

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Phew! feeling a little less stressed then..yeah all the forces seem to things at different times etc..I wish I could take some time off but alas I can't really afford to :-( what about you??
Well actually my induction thingy starts on the 20th which is a Wednesday and I'm stopping work in the Friday before so ill 5days..I have to move house in the next3weeks too!!
We will all be fine and just keep in top of our fitness :-) what have you guys been doing work wise??

Gish I just retread my message and it reads funny because my predictable txt is on!!

Haha no probs..ill forgive you ;-) I'm from Glasgow anyway so everyone thinks it's strathi I'm joining

#24 OFFLINE   Laurenleo

Laurenleo

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

I finish up on the 4th Feb so got a couple of weeks off. That's alright though 5 days is plenty time to get everything sorted. I don't envy you having to move house though. Ru planning on going home for the weekends as its quite a trip for both of you isn't it? Im a supervisor in B+Q at the minute. My friends have organised a cops and robbers theme leaving doo so that should be good. What about u? Its difficult getting out runs in this weather I went out this morning but was like bambi. Im terrified of getting injured before tulli!!

#25 OFFLINE   gem82

gem82

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Haha bambi..yeah I've been doing a wee bit purely because I'm scared about failing fitness tests :-/ I had to lose 3st before I could join and so I still can't believe I've done it!!aw your leaving night sounds AWSOME!!id well be a robber!!yeah ill be going home at weekends most if the time but other times ill prob just go to glasgow and visit friends and family and my other half can come up from Dumfries..there's a guy that was in the jan intake from D&G and he said they were getting bused to and from tulliallan..like sundaynight drop off Friday afternoon pick up..where are you based in L&B??

You should get rubber crampon things for your trainers..they are fab and you won't slip

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users