Hi Everyone,

I'm a hopeful who has not long recieved my 'you passed the initial interview and are now being vetted' letter from Strathclyde.

I have just joined the site looking for some advice on the length of time vetting should take (I know it varies) but as a person who likes a bit of structure the waiting is painful : )

I have read on here that a few people have called the switchboard for an update and found that they have references causing delays. I am particulaly concerned about this as the company I worked for for four years around three years ago has gone completely bust and despite contacting their old parent company and ringing any phone numbers I could find on the net I have been unable to contact them. Should I call the switch board? any advice welcome.

Thank you

In my application for Grampian they asked for my current employer and as I'd worked for them for less than 6 months, my previous employer too. I had a delay in getting the reference from my previous employer. I'd be surprised if they ask for a reference from the company who went bust since it's been quite a while since you worked for them. A company I used to work for about 5 years ago has also gone bust but it was never an issue in my application. If you're concerned though and it would put your mind at ease to ring them, then that's what I'd do if I was you.

How many weeks have you waited in vetting? I was 9 and a bit weeks and got a call to tell me date of final interview (for strathclyde) this week! Hope that helps :-)

I was about 4 weeks from handing my vetting forms in to being cleared . My start date is march for lincs police :)

Thanks for the replies guys, I have to be fair only been waiting a week so far but it feels like months! I think should it go beyond two months then I will ring up and see if there is anything causing a delay.

congratulations to those of you who have recently got in!

2 months? Lol in a couple of years ago vetting was taking around 5-6 months! My vetting 11 weeks which I thought was incredibly fast.

im 9 and a bit weeks in vetting for strathclyde. considering calling up to check next week. i almost didnt get into uni as the letter for my interview didnt arrive in the post so ive a fear of that happening again!

im keen to know when the next intake is though as people seem to be still sitting their sets and i think there is only one intake left so hope its not harder to get into or maybe its more that one. fingers crossed. dont want to have to wait til aug or something to start if successful.

there seems to be no real time frame then but Strathclyde seemt to be taking between 9-11 weeks from what you have all said, Pinkcoop88 I'm hoping its not harder to get into now also!

but I know have been told that if I am successful I would be put in the holding pool to wait unitll after Police Scotland has been sorted some time after April 1st, I dont mind waiting for my start date as Iv'e got to get the last bit of uni out the way first so the holding pool would be good for me but I would love to just know if I was in or not so I could relax! as I'm sure everyone knows no here its hard not to fixate on something when you want it so much! I think the postman thinks I'm strange as I have spent alot of time stood at the door already waiting for him over the past couple of months lol!

anyway guess I better get comfy for a couple of months wait! tanks for your replies

I am also going through the vetting stage at the moment, thats been about 7 weeks now, I phoned last week just to check for an update but got told because they were closed over xmas and new year theres a backlog of applicants to get through, they told me if I havent heard anything within the next 4 weeks give them a call back again. Just dying to get the final interview over with now so I know whether i'm in or not, hate the waiting part, but also very nervous for the final interview.

I'd ring them and give them a heads up regarding the bust company. It will cast you in a good light too if you've made the effort to look into it yourself. It could speed up the process too if you provide them with the contact details you have to save them doing the digging themselves. They will obviously still check them out but it would probably help imo.

Alt best

Pud

Hi Pud

I have just recently called them to let them know that I had all my P45's, P60's and first payslips etc. from the bust company and they said to send the information to them which I have done, unfortuanlty they didnt put me through to the vetting department so I couldn't get a cheeky insight into my progress but never mind. I have sent the information in last week so hopefully brownie points and a bit of accelerated vetting for me! thanks for the reply : 0 )