• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 m.rooke1987

m.rooke1987

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

I received a phone call from my H.R department today stating that they are soon going to contact my current employer for a reference... So I'm left with the predicament of weather or not to hand my notice in before hand?

I do not want it to look bad upon myself if I randomly let the H.R call my employer and ask for my reference with them having no prior knowledge of me leaving in the near future.. But also I am in two minds weather to hand in my notice in case there is some future problem?

So what are your thoughts?Maybe you have been in this situation yourself? If so I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you,  :unsure:

#2 crazee12

crazee12

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Personally mate,

I would let them know that HR will be in contact, i would not hand your notice in until you have had an offer of employment. otherwise you could leave yourself in deep water, IF all of a sudden they cut you... not saying they would but it happened to people a couple of years ago, completed the whole process then got cut due to the budgets.

I would let them know but explian it may not lead anywhere.

#3 m.rooke1987

m.rooke1987

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I work in such a small place thought mate, They can be quite funny etc. I am already a S.C and they know that I am eventually going to leave at some point. I'm not sure how to go about it... 

#4 crazee12

crazee12

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Resident Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Just sent a PM

#5 Yorkypud

Yorkypud

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Urgh...............Dunno.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

What I did was similar as suggested above. I went to see my manager and said I applied for the police ages ago, before I worked for her, and I probably won't pursue it anyway but just thought she better know she will be recieving a reference request. If you are at this stage you are getting towards the end so if it does effect you in your current job it, hopefully won't be for long.

I would NOT hand my notice in though as said above as something could go wrong.

Good luck with it, all the best.

Pud

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users