• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 mogamo

mogamo

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hi everyone , I've got a start date in 6 weeks time for lincs regs . I have been looking for boots but I just have no idea what to buy .

What sort of thing is everyone else got or buying ?
I've seen some I like the look of but don't want to spend £70+ for them to arrive and be uncomfortable .

Arghhh to much choice .

#2 stemma

stemma

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Altbergs. They are brilliant. Comfortable from day 1. I had peacekeepers for 4 years and never let me down. I now have the warriors which are even better. Expensive but worth it. You get a Police discount as well. Warriers are £165 but I got them for £125.

#3 mogamo

mogamo

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Thanks I will have a look .

#4 stevenadams

stevenadams

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Bates boots are superb, can't reccommend them enough. Comfortable from day 1, really warm and 100% waterproof.

http://www.patrolsto...-8-p-11503.html

#5 gem82

gem82

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yeah bates tactical sport..they are laced but have an inside zip for ease..dead comfy and I think around 70bucks :-)

#6 CanexTVP

CanexTVP

UKPOLICEONLINE New Member

• Police Service (Officer)
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Hi there,

another good brand is HAIX, theyre German and are well made and comfy as anything. In my work, we are wearing lots of kit and are heavier by at least 45 lbs. These boots are awsome. Plus they do a good line of factory seconds and last pair of boots I got was worth $170 and got them for $60 because a couple of stitches misses the rear tag properly.  Another good brand is DANNER, expensive but very well worth it. Last for years. Dont buy 511s they fall apart too quick, very comfy but dont last unfortunately.

Best of luck with recruit training, very happy for you

#7 angrybeard

angrybeard

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

I used to work selling workwear, and a lot of the local police used to get Magnums from us. I always fancied the bates myself, I went for some superduper ones with plastic safety toes for work around archway metal detectors, but unfortunately got through 2 pairs in 8 months (replaced first pair for free) trouble was I wore through the sole.

My advice is to really harass a retailer by trying on every different pair and make sure you do a good wander around the shop, wear thick socks and go later in the day when your feet have swollen up. If its a independent retailer never be afraid to barter on price, it always helps to mention role and say something like 'this place is great, I'll get everyone to come down-might even get an unofficial force discount!

Best of luck with training, and as a former boot seller I say-wear the right socks and use the right waterproofer regularly!  :tongue:

#8 mogamo

mogamo

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Thanks angrybeard, I'm not sure there's anywhere near me to go and try some different ones on . Might have to have a shopping day somewhere :)

#9 Bart

Bart

UKPoliceOnline Supreme Poster

• Banned
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Thank god I don't have to buy boots, my lot provide 2 pair free of charge and replace them when they wear out. :wink:

#10 gripper

gripper

UKPOLICEONLINE Guru

• Senior Resident Members
  • 2,756 posts
  • Interests:Monkey hanging!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Do they get worn out, asleep in a Disco! ;) are you sure there not slippers.

Edited by gripper, 13 February 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#11 Bart

Bart

UKPoliceOnline Supreme Poster

• Banned
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

They get worn a lot walking from the car to McDonalds, the car to the butty van, the car to Greggs, etc. :wink:

#12 gripper

gripper

UKPOLICEONLINE Guru

• Senior Resident Members
  • 2,756 posts
  • Interests:Monkey hanging!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hi leg slippers!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users