•  

Photo

Please, i need some help, i'm getting harrassed.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 NeedHelpL

NeedHelpL

I'm New !

• Newbie Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

Hi everyone,

I havent seen nor spoken to my older sister in 4 years. I'm 30 yrs old, she is in her mid 40's.

Yesterday she sent a nice text to my fiance asking him to get me to phone her.
Since i knew if things didnt go her way, i unblocked her from facebook and nicely asked her what did she want to talk to me about, i was worried as our family had just had a recent berevement.

She said she wanted to start talking again and to repair our relationship as sisters, i told her i couldnt trust her (her boyfriend abused me when i was 9-10 years old and tried to abuse me again when i was 14, i told her what he did to me when i was a 14, first she blamed me and then she denied that he did anything wrong)
Anyway i asked her if she is or was in denial about it all and she said, she believed me that her boyfriend abused me and said who knows whats in the future i.e in terms of denial.

Then she got very nasty like dr jekyl mr hyde. She knows that i have PTSD from when i was raped years ago and that i have bad anxiety and depression, i begged her to stop messaging me because she kept saying "that man had sex with you" etc i kept telling her it wasnt sex, it was rape.
I even told her that she was triggering me and causing me to have flashbacks and if anything were to happen to me it would be on her (not in a threatening way, she knows that sometimes when i have had a bad flashback i sometimes dont remember that i have punched the wall for incidence)
She then repeatedly messaged me saying haha glad flashbacks of rapist, she messaged that to me over 15 times and then told me to kill myself.

I have reported her to facebook but i am unable to block her for 48 hours.

I know this may seem stupid or maybe not to some.

Please is there anything legally i can do to stop her from contacting me?

Thank You,
L

P.S I am safe.

sorry that was meant to read *Since i knew if things didnt go her way i didnt want to phone her and then go through the trouble of changing my number so i unblocked her from facebook........

#2 gem82

gem82

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

I would go to your nearest police station and talk to someone ASAP to get this problem fixed..good luck

#3 devil

devil

UKPoliceOnline Staff

• Moderators
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

I'm not sure why it would take 48 hours to block someone, it's manual and takes one or two clicks of the mouse. If the only place you're receiving this abuse is Facebook and you say it takes 48 hours then start the process, then take a break from Facebook for 2 days and by the time you return all correspondence will be gone and so will she.

#4 *Matt*

*Matt*

UKPOLICEONLINE Full Member

• Resident Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

As above - block her immediately (which you can do, I don't know what the 48 hours thing is?) and see if she goes away.  She should, but if you start getting contact through other unwanted means that you can't ignore or block, such as phone calls or letters, or even house visits, then go to the police who can help you.

Without wanting to be personal it also sounds like there may be other unresolved issues that you may be able to get help with from somewhere other than the police, maybe start with talking to other family or friends who know you well if that is appropriate.

Good luck

#5 Sub-seven

Sub-seven

UKPOLICEONLINE Icon

• Senior Resident Members
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

In answer to your question "Please is there anything legally i can do to stop her from contacting me?", as said it's much easier than that - don't go on facebook.

#6 DoubleG

DoubleG

• Resident Members
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:Baddies

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Leave facebook

#7 dolly1966

dolly1966

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Senior Resident Members
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy walking my dogs, meeting up with friends, travelling and dining out.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Leave facebook

Ditto

#8 Estella33

Estella33

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

I'm not sure why it would take 48 hours to block someone, it's manual and takes one or two clicks of the mouse.

I realise this discussion isn't totally recent so this might be redundant, but I just wanted to say if you unblock someone on Facebook, you cannot block them again for 48 hours. You get the following message: "Block failed: Sorry, it’s too soon to add this person back to your Block List. You’ll be able to complete this action once 48 hours have passed since you removed this person from your Block List."

If I were the OP I would have disabled my Facebook for 48 hours, and then blocked the sister again. Hope the situation worked itself out for her. 

#9 onthesquare28

onthesquare28

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Banned
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Law, current affairs, politics.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

I realise this discussion isn't totally recent so this might be redundant, but I just wanted to say if you unblock someone on Facebook, you cannot block them again for 48 hours. You get the following message: "Block failed: Sorry, it’s too soon to add this person back to your Block List. You’ll be able to complete this action once 48 hours have passed since you removed this person from your Block List."

If I were the OP I would have disabled my Facebook for 48 hours, and then blocked the sister again. Hope the situation worked itself out for her. 

I think that's really useful, Estella. Much better advice than "leave facebook"

#10 monnty

monnty

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

have to agree, advising someone to end their social activities to avoid the actions of someone else is not really useful advice at all. Love or loath it, (I am on the fence). Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are all here to stay for the foreseeable future so avoidance of such a large social element of someones life is not really appropriate....

#11 DoubleG

DoubleG

• Resident Members
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:Baddies

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

That's me told.

#12 devil

devil

UKPoliceOnline Staff

• Moderators
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

That's exactly what I said if you quoted my whole post except I said 2 days instead of 48 hours.

#13 Estella33

Estella33

I'm New !

• Resident Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

As for WHY it takes 48 hours to be able to block someone you unblocked, I'd assume it's because when you block someone, you can't actually see your Facebook either. So I assume the Facebook team wants to prevent people from abusing the system and unblock and block people continually just to send them abusive messages between doing so. It's not unusual for websites to put a limit on things like changing names, disabling/re-enabling accounts, etc. We always have to keep in mind the number of people who will abuse these options if they are readily available all the time. In the OP's case, it's unfortunate but generally, I'd like to think that when you unblock someone, you don't very often have a reason to add them to your block list again immediately. Unless you purposely act like a fool. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users