#26 OFFLINE   medow

medow

UKPOLICEONLINE Full Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Thanks tester1989 :)

Has anyone received their vetting forms yet? The Day 1 confirmation email said they will be sent and need to be brought to the AC but I am yet to receive anything. If you've already done your day one, have you received the forms and when were they sent?

#27 Guest_AWare_*

Guest_AWare_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

I did quite a lot of preparation but I wish I had done more preparation for the role plays. I feel that the structure of my answers needed a lot of work. I am approaching my results with an open mind. My interview went really well, and it's sort of disappointing that it only gives an eighth of the marks. Is that really true? It's worthwhile to mention that the verbal ability test and the numeracy test are marked completely separately from the rest of the AC as they don't measure competencies. You still need 55% in each competency and 60% in Diversity Awareness.

I was told I will find out within 4 weeks of 11/10/13.

A little tip for applicants: don't submit your Recruitment Vetting forms, even if you think you've missed an email with instructions and your AC is tomorrow. They want you to finish it after your assessment. 

#28 OFFLINE   si23

si23

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Currently trying to prepare for my day one!

Hotel and train fares booked so there is another £200 thrown into the application pot, on top of the £900 CKP!

2 weeks to go.

#29 OFFLINE   Juliet_bravo

Juliet_bravo

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Thanks tester1989 :)

Has anyone received their vetting forms yet? The Day 1 confirmation email said they will be sent and need to be brought to the AC but I am yet to receive anything. If you've already done your day one, have you received the forms and when were they sent?

Hi there I got mine today my assessment is 01/11

#30 OFFLINE   medow

medow

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

Got mine a few days ago as well.. I think I was just a bit impatient :)

#31 OFFLINE   Juliet_bravo

Juliet_bravo

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

Let us know how you got on good luck

#32 OFFLINE   tom91

tom91

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

I transferred with my 59% in September. I now have a day 2 on 24th October. I heard a rumour they were doing a January intake?

Good luck to everyone with a day 1 date :)

#33 OFFLINE   Dom88

Dom88

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Can anyone help me with a question? I have my day one next week and I'm doing my prep work for it but I was wondering something, the competencies tested against in the application were:

Personal Responsibility - for your own actions and decisions
Customer & Community Focus - you'll need to be aware of the needs of different people
Problem Solving - thinking through situations and coming up with a solution
Teamwork - working with others and making the team more effective
Effective Communication - both verbally and in writing, to communicate with people from all walks of life
Respect for Diversity - to provide a service to the many communities that make up London

But the ones in the day one pack are:

Serving the public
Openness to change
Service Delivery
Professionalism
Decision Making 
Working with others

I'm all too aware that they are eerily similar and it is rather easy to marry the answers from one set to that of another but I would, just for my piece of mind, like to know specifically which ones are brought up in the competency based interview. I've been through a day one before and passed it but this was 4 years ago now but vaguely remember the questions asked at this point being along the lines of "Tell me a time when you have...". I'm just anxious to know what competency list they'll go from, rang recruitment and they weren't sure themselves! 

Thanks in advance! 

#34 OFFLINE   Dom88

Dom88

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Can anyone help me with a question? I have my day one next week and I'm doing my prep work for it but I was wondering something, the competencies tested against in the application were:
Personal Responsibility - for your own actions and decisions
Customer & Community Focus - you'll need to be aware of the needs of different people
Problem Solving - thinking through situations and coming up with a solution
Teamwork - working with others and making the team more effective
Effective Communication - both verbally and in writing, to communicate with people from all walks of life
Respect for Diversity - to provide a service to the many communities that make up London

But the ones in the day one pack are:

Serving the public
Openness to change
Service Delivery
Professionalism
Decision Making 
Working with others

I'm all too aware that they are eerily similar and it is rather easy to marry the answers from one set to that of another but I would, just for my piece of mind, like to know specifically which ones are brought up in the competency based interview. I've been through a day one before and passed it but this was 4 years ago now but vaguely remember the questions asked at this point being along the lines of "Tell me a time when you have...". I'm just anxious to know what competency list they'll go from, rang recruitment and they weren't sure themselves! 

Thanks in advance! 

Just to clarify I do NOT want specific examples of questions or anything similar just guidance on which competencies are being used. Cheers!

#35 OFFLINE   tom91

tom91

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

Does the day 1 information pack not tell you which of the competences will be assessed in the interview? I remember the one I had 2 years ago told me the few that would come up.

The new day 1 competences look very similar to the old ones and if I was doing it again I would treat them as such. For example 'Decision making' is pretty much the same as 'Problem solving' just more specific.

Sorry I can't be anymore help. Best of luck! :)

#36 OFFLINE   Gladic

Gladic

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

For Day 1 they are using these competencies :

Serving the public
Openness to change
Service Delivery
Professionalism
Decision Making 
Working with others

#37 Guest_AWare_*

Guest_AWare_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

I had to talk about only four of the competencies out of six, for the interview. Read your welcome pack fully. The document specifies the competencies you will be asked to evidence for the Competency Based Interview.

#38 OFFLINE   Dom88

Dom88

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

For Day 1 they are using these competencies :

Serving the public
Openness to change
Service Delivery
Professionalism
Decision Making 
Working with others

Brilliant thank you. I had read all of the notes but just wanted to clarify the list of competencies. I know which ones they ask about just wanted to fine tune my answers accordingly to each ones as there are subtle differences. Thank you all for the help!

#39 OFFLINE   Juliet_bravo

Juliet_bravo

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Good luck dom

#40 OFFLINE   Dom88

Dom88

UKPOLICEONLINE Member

• Resident Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

Good luck dom

Thank you! You too :) 

#41 OFFLINE   j0annepsi

j0annepsi

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Senior Resident Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

I transferred with my 59% in September. I now have a day 2 on 24th October. I heard a rumour they were doing a January intake?

Good luck to everyone with a day 1 date :)

Yes, but it'll be the "very end of January", according to HR (i'm going on holiday for 3 weeks in Jan and checked with them when I heard people on my PKC had been told January whereas i'd been told Feb!).

#42 OFFLINE   Juliet_bravo

Juliet_bravo

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Funny how information changes as I was told march...!! I think it will be on going as I can't see them getting people from day one end of November through all process to a January start date..

#43 OFFLINE   j0annepsi

j0annepsi

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

Funny how information changes as I was told march...!! I think it will be on going as I can't see them getting people from day one end of November through all process to a January start date..

As I said, there are several intakes next year. I assume they will want the people who've done their day 1 in October to join the intake at the end of January. 

#44 OFFLINE   Juliet_bravo

Juliet_bravo

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Anyone got their assessment on 01/11??

#45 OFFLINE   si23

si23

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

I take it everyone got the email today regarding the CKP?

It also included the 3 intake dates.

Waiting for my day one result at the moment, so when I saw am email from the MET, well you could imagine what I felt like!

Thought it was a bit quick mind :)

#46 OFFLINE   j0annepsi

j0annepsi

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

I take it everyone got the email today regarding the CKP?

It also included the 3 intake dates.

Waiting for my day one result at the moment, so when I saw am email from the MET, well you could imagine what I felt like!

Thought it was a bit quick mind :)

Hahah i'm in the same boat and reacted in the same way! :)

#47 OFFLINE   Future_officer

Future_officer

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

What are the 3 intake dates?

What did it say about the CKP?

#48 OFFLINE   Gladic

Gladic

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

All i can say its sometime in January, February and March. Sorry cannot share the whole information and would not advise anyone else to do this as well.

#49 OFFLINE   Gladic

Gladic

• Resident Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Don't forget that email some of us received is private and confidential, disclaimer is the at very end of it.

#50 OFFLINE   Future_officer

Future_officer

UKPOLICEONLINE Regular

• PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

All i can say its sometime in January, February and March. Sorry cannot share the whole information and would not advise anyone else to do this as well.

Don't forget that email some of us received is private and confidential, disclaimer is the at very end of it.

Understood.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users