Sign in to follow this  
SimonT

tablets?

SimonT    506

Has anyone actually got one of the mythical data tablet things for work? We are "trialling" things at another station apparently. I hear they dont work, are incompatible with our bizarre systems and have no signal. Likely to order thousands

Felix.    8

We have a similar hand held device which we have had for about 2-3 years now. We can completed crime reports, dv forms, read the CAD event, submit IL's, stop searches and carry out PNC & local checks.

It also has access to your e-mails, TomTom, daily briefings, has a camera, etc etc

It will self populate various fields in the crime reports too which is handy.

I find them very useful, you can normally park up and research a job properly before you arrive or you can do a 'sneaky' PNC check on someone without them knowing - handy if they are flagged as wanted

SimonT    506

We have a similar hand held device which we have had for about 2-3 years now. We can completed crime reports, dv forms, read the CAD event, submit IL's, stop searches and carry out PNC & local checks.

It also has access to your e-mails, TomTom, daily briefings, has a camera, etc etc

It will self populate various fields in the crime reports too which is handy.

I find them very useful, you can normally park up and research a job properly before you arrive or you can do a 'sneaky' PNC check on someone without them knowing - handy if they are flagged as wanted

Wow, your force must be from the future. Even our station systems can't do that.

• Like 1

techie1    40

We had some for a while, but nothing again now.

However we may be evaluating Windows Phone 8.1 when that's released. Presume tablets too. Or maybe just large phones!

GMP issue Samsung active tables and J5 phones to all fronline cops. There are 2 'systems' on each. They have a personal side where you can download apps like Netflix or Candy Crush then a works side where you can access the logs,crimes,emails and local systems as well as PNC checks on people and vehicles. You also take yours and witness statements on them which has digital signature ability. There also in to process of designing and creating 1 program which will replace ALL of our outdated ones. 

sowrden    9

MPS will apparently have it soon on all the boroughs.
Some are already issued with these TABLETS.
Cant wait to have one tbh.
I am sure it can save alot of time and make things quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

propidol    76

At Cheshire we use tablets that double up as laptops with the detachable keyboard. I must say they are fantastic and make your life so much easier.

Witness statements, crime files and reports, MISPER reports etc can all be done on the go and out of the nick. It also makes it easier when responding to jobs as well, I can take a look at it first and check those involved so I have half an idea about what I'm walking in to.