Dave_87

Boots to buy for PC?

Hi All,

I'm currently awaiting a start date for Warks/West Mercia as a Student PC. Wondered if anyone could advise where to buy boots from for training, patrol, etc.

A friend in the Army told me of the below website and the site looks good, however wanted to have some other options too.

www.altberg.co.uk

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Altbergs. Ring them up and ask for police discount.

In my opinion Lowa's are the best boots out there. Comfiest boots I've ever worn. A bit steep on the price but well worth it.

I've read great reviews on Responder boots and at £40 I think they might be the ones! Altbergs are too pricey, I'd say lowas were in the middle and worth a look though :) Thanks for everyone's input

Those responder boots look really good! How do people on here find them on there feet? Are they easy to run in when you need too? Or do you find them quite heavy?

Go for Altberg sneakers... Wore them in the army and I plan to buy them again. Great for running and lightweight. Expensive but will last for years think I had mine 4 years.

Sorry Altberg Sneekers

Thanks for bringing up this topic for discussion.

I will be commencing training in the not to distant future and was starting to think about boots too. I will check out these sites and brands.

Don't suppose anyone knows how soon into training we are required to have boots/need to be wearing them?

My training with the Met starts end of September.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

I got my magnums from patrol store.com - good price, great boots very comfy - best thing to do is shop around a bit, you will be wearing them constantly so i'd try a few if you can before committing :smile:

I went for these in the end:

http://www.polimil.co.uk/responder-footwear-all-leather-boot.html

Responder boots. I did extensive research in to them and for the price they are apparently the best you can get! There were mixed reviews on them, some saying they lasted 3 or 4 weeks, others saying they've lasted years. Coincidentally; I read the same kind of reviews for all the boots that everyone has suggested across every boot thread on every forum I have searched.

Some people say Magnums are the absolute best whereas others say never to buy Magnums as they're awful. I guess it depends on the wearer and what kind of tasks your boots are put through.

One thing I will say though, is that Altbergs come out as the Cream of the Crop on almost every forum. It seems that they are extremely well made and comfortable, and that is reflected in the price - around £120 - £180 for a pair.

It depends how much you are willing to spend, I'm hoping for the best with my Responders and if worst comes to worst my next stop will definitely be Altbergs.

Magnums. Still in perfect condition with 14 months of use and dead comfortable.

There are 2 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE