matthewpoll

I was accused on being in possession of drugs. No charges brought. Can I leave negative review on tripadvisor for the bar?

The packet was found behind me and I was arrested for 'being in possession'. After finger print testing on the packet found, my bail was dropped after 11 weeks & no charges brought. I want to leave a negative review for the bar I was in on tripadvisor. Can I ask if it's ok for me to leave a review based on my experience? That there aren't any legal restrictions on this.

Thank-you!

Edited by matthewpoll

We are happy for this topic to continue providing you read and understand the below.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. The forum disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - any documents available for download.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

18 minutes ago, Rocket said:

We are happy for this topic to continue providing you read and understand the below.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. The forum disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - any documents available for download.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

Read & understood :)

I'm a bit confused. You want to leave negative feedback about the bar?

Was it their fault the drugs were in there?

Or do you mean the bar called the police as they thought the drugs were yours? 

1 hour ago, techie1 said:

I'm a bit confused. You want to leave negative feedback about the bar?

Was it their fault the drugs were in there?

Or do you mean the bar called the police as they thought the drugs were yours? 

The bar called the police. Thanks for the reply.  I was just wondering if I would get into trouble? I haven't been told that I can't by the police. I just wanted to double check. The was no evidence and no charges were brought against me. 

On tripadvisor people usually complain about burnt food etc. You don't really expect to get arrested because in the bar a druggie walk past you, & they look at poor quality cctv and blame an innocent party! Then spend 11 weeks on bail! 

Edited by matthewpoll

I'm not sure how it would help. It was presumably a one off incident. People are unlikely to pay much attention to that review if it was posted.

I'm not sure whether or not you could post something like that, nor do I know if it could get you into trouble, but it just doesn't seem worth it. 

Maybe have a read of TripAdvisor's FAQs/T&Cs or contact TripAdvisor directly?

Sorry I can't help, not something I'm familiar with. 

15 minutes ago, techie1 said:

I'm not sure how it would help. It was presumably a one off incident. People are unlikely to pay much attention to that review if it was posted.

I'm not sure whether or not you could post something like that, nor do I know if it could get you into trouble, but it just doesn't seem worth it. 

Maybe have a read of TripAdvisor's FAQs/T&Cs or contact TripAdvisor directly?

Sorry I can't help, not something I'm familiar with. 

I really just wanted to make sure that there isn't a law against this. Thanks.

There is no law against posting such a review, so long as it is accurate and factual. Though what do you really have to gain from it?