Steers

CNC assessment , is it different to SEARCH ?

Hi all, 

Firstly fantastic forum, very helpful down to earth people on here. I was wondering is someone could clear up a query I have (since HR services seem inundated queries it's talking a while for them to get back) . 

I've been invited to the assessment centre (undisclosed date unfortunately), so decided to get a jump start on prepping. Is the CNC assessment centre different to SEARCH? 

Reason I ask , I've heard a few rumours of a firearms segment, but nothing concrete.

Also for my own curiosity, is there any other ex- forces in the process of joining or joined? 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated,

Steersy

Hi, I have not yet attended the assessment centre myself but a friend of mine has and explained it to me. It is different to the SEARCH assessment as it is more specifically tailored to the CNC role and consists of 4 sections:

Fitness Test- This is just the bleep test (15 metres) to level 7.6 .

Competency Interview- I believe the interview is centred around the police core competencies, previous experience and your motivations to join the police.

Written exam- This involved watching a situational video and writing a report based on your observations in the video.

Firearms assessment- This is just a basic introduction to firearms to ensure you have the correct dexterity and also involves some basic weapons handling to show that you can follow commands and handle the firearms safely- there is no live firing involved.

I hope this helps but as I said I have not yet been to assessment myself so if there is anyone who has already attended they may be able to provide more accurate information. Good luck :)

Seb97, brilliant pal really helps to get a rough idea what's up coming . 

Good luck today yourself! 

14 minutes ago, Moopheus said:

No Math test?

Nope no maths test. Just the 4 main events are fitness, firearms , interview and written test. 

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:39, Steers said:

Nope no maths test. Just the 4 main events are fitness, firearms , interview and written test. 

Excellent passed the SEARCH assessment for Merseyside about 7 Months ago and found the Maths was a little tricky.