Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
djaysoft

Coached patrol same instructor or new one each day?

3 posts in this topic

Hi All

I have just finished my five week street duties/coached patrol following my foundation course and overall it didn't go all that well if I'm honest.  One problem was that everyone was posted with a different instructor each day and I'd be interested to know whether this often happens or whether student officers in other areas/forces have more consistency.  This to me was a bit like learning to drive and having a new driving instructor every day who didn't know you and what your strengths and weakesses and areas to improve were.    I found that I achieved much more when I managed to get the same instructor for two days in a row not least because we could pick up where we left off the day before.  Thanks in advance.

That sounds like a really unusual way of doing things. Which force are you with if you don't mind answering?

My tutor period was 10 weeks (final week was actually back at the assessor unit and not operational and the first week I wasn't in because of bank holidays etc.)

We where all allocated a dedicated tutor for this period, if for whatever reason your tutor is not available for a shift of a period of time you would work with another colleague.

It is good to work with different officers to see how they work as every officer is different. I don't like the idea of constantly changing during the tutor phase though!

I am sure you will do just fine in the end though, the first few weeks are pretty tough on anybody!

Thanks Jaydee that we sounds a whole lot better. I can't believe we only got 5 weeks..in fact with all the easter and May bank hols plus a day at school it only ended up being 18 days

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk