Sign in to follow this  
luke4387

Too Keen?

Hello,

I'm a PCSO but will be applying to be a PC when my force opens up for recruitment.  I have a question though which applies for either role, as follows:

Can someone be too keen? I ask because I am submitting the most intel, deal with the majority of jobs, keen to get involved (not treading on PC's toes or getting involved above my role!) yet get told constantly I am too keen!

I am aware that I am keen to get involved, get myself out there, be known to the public etc and the figures and jobs reflect this. Yet I am apparently too keen!?!

Anyone else had similar? The way I see it is I would rather be too keen and reeled in if needs be than not keen at all!

Hello,
I'm a PCSO but will be applying to be a PC when my force opens up for recruitment.  I have a question though which applies for either role, as follows:
Can someone be too keen? I ask because I am submitting the most intel, deal with the majority of jobs, keen to get involved (not treading on PC's toes or getting involved above my role!) yet get told constantly I am too keen!
I am aware that I am keen to get involved, get myself out there, be known to the public etc and the figures and jobs reflect this. Yet I am apparently too keen!?!
Anyone else had similar? The way I see it is I would rather be too keen and reeled in if needs be than not keen at all!

Usually when someone tell you that you're too keen it's a term of endearment. I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Yes they can but not in the way you're describing it.

Other officers workload on my block has gotten out of control and why? Because they're spending too much time responding to emergency calls and neglecting their workload. The thrill of going on a blue light run to get you out of what is sometimes long and boring work seems a god send sometimes but the other side of the coin means workloads build up to be uncontrollable.

I work a few hours a shift on my workload and that's sometimes all it needs. That way then I'm able to respond to jobs and do a full proper job with it instead of a half hearted attempt because I'm juggling too many jobs.

Dont get me wrong, sometimes if I am working on my workload I will have to break off to respond, it happens, but by properly managing it and not being over keen to respond to everything you won't be juggling 15 jobs in one go.

I wish you good luck in the application process!

On 27/06/2017 at 01:12, luke4387 said:

Hello,

And to add to my above post I'd personally be proud of the work you're doing and take the remark as a compliment 

Or it may be that some of your colleagues are concerned that management may ask,"If Luke is this proactive, why aren't you?" Good luck with your application.